Power cable question (UK/EU)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Power cable question (UK/EU)

Hi there,

So all my nice new gear has come but a couple of the extra power cables (all the gear comes with 2 pin plugs) are the wrong type. They are figure of 8 2 pin plugs. But all the gear uses the big fat ones. I just checked the back of the speakers and they are 3 pin and then the pioneer gear is 2 pin. But they are the same cable socket type. I'm right in saying that a 3 pin cable should work with 2 pin gear no problems as that 3 pin which is not found on the pioneer gear is just a grounding pin?

Sorry if thats confused everyone.

Basically

Monitor Speakers - 3 pin
    Pioneer gear 2 pin

Both take the fat cable type. The 2 cables that did come have 3 pin holes in them. The 2 cables that are wrong are because they are the small figure of 8 type.

Nope. Didn't understand a word of that...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Me neither.

All the leads do is provide power - you can use any that fit.

I've never had a problem using any old kettle leads for my equipment but if you want to be sure get some others and check the fuse.
    Last edited by Nicky H; 06-28-2013 at 11:17 AM.
    SC | MC

OK. Just making sure a 3 pin cable is fine to use on 2 pin gear. Wouldn't want to be silly and cause damage by not checking now would I.

Yeah it just adds a fuse for our higher voltage supply I think - you'll be fine mate.
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Nope. Didn't understand a word of that...
    x2

Tech Guru

My 900 has a 2 pin kettle socket too, presumably to eliminate grounding issues. There is no difference between using a 3 pin and 2 pin cable for a 2 pin device.

^Cable and socket on my DJM900

All British power cables should have a fuse inside whether or not the device end has 2 or 3 pins.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    My 900 has a 2 pin kettle socket too, presumably to eliminate grounding issues. There is no difference between using a 3 pin and 2 pin cable for a 2 pin device.

^Cable and socket on my DJM900

All British power cables should have a fuse inside whether or not the device end has 2 or 3 pins.
    Thanks very much dude. Answers it perfectly. DV are sending out 2 more cables so have to wait till Monday to really play with my gear but I haven't got anywhere to put it yet anyway haha.

Tech Guru

You got some Nexus CDJs right? Pio only just switched over from the figure-of-8 plugs to the larger kettle plugs for the Nexus, so that might be why the shop sent the wrong ones.

It's always a good idea to have plenty of power cables spare anyway.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

1 2000 Nex CDJ for the moment and DJM 900 Nexus. That would explain it then.

I have so many EU plug cables laying about everywhere now haha. Too much electronic equipment in my room. But yeah have a spare couple of figure of 8 now so will just chuck them in a draw with the rest of the cables.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast