New to DJing & needing help for buying Technics

Default New to DJing & needing help for buying Technics

Quick intro: I'm new to DJing and I'm looking into investing into a Serato setup, that is, a rane SL2 interface, a couple of Technics, and a mixer.

For now I'm looking at the turntables, and been told Technics was the way forward.

Regarding the Technics, I read that the production was ceased. Is this correct??

If yes that means I'll have to buy second hand, which I'm not very happy about since I'd be easily fooled as I don't have much knowledge regarding the gear.

Tech Mentor

Nothing wrong with buying used if you know what to look for. Just about everything on Technics turntables can be fixed. There are other brand new turntables that you can buy that are just as good, or arguably better than Technics. If you want new Technics tables, you can still buy them from B&H Photo, but they are not exactly cheap.

Loads of info in the CD & Vinyl DJing forum.

Check this thread -> http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=47069

I'm selling 2 pairs of 1210's if you are looking to buy (and you're in the UK?).
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Don't let the technics being second hand put you off, mine are pretty old but they work flawlessly.
    ■ 2x Technics 1200 mK2 ■ Traktor Scratch ■ Kontrol s4 ■ Kontrol F1 ■ Macbook Pro ■ Sennheiser HD25 ■
    Deep House/Tech House/Garage/Trap

Tech Guru

You buy them, I will fix them up for you.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

Quote Originally Posted by Panotaker View Post
    Nothing wrong with buying used if you know what to look for. Just about everything on Technics turntables can be fixed. There are other brand new turntables that you can buy that are just as good, or arguably better than Technics. If you want new Technics tables, you can still buy them from B&H Photo, but they are not exactly cheap.
    Thanks for the tip - yes, not cheap at all! $1200 ! might as well make one myself one bit at the time

Default Thanks for the offer...but

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I'm selling 2 pairs of 1210's if you are looking to buy (and you're in the UK?).
    Thanks for the offer... I don't live in UK, but will be passing by Bristol in about a month (going for Womad festival). However, I'm not sure how I could get them back with me in the plane "safely" even if I decided to buy your gear. Any suggestion maybe?