Recommended DJ Sites?
    Tech Convert

Default Recommended DJ Sites?

Can anyone recommend any good DJ sites that offer good tutorials and tips? I've watched youtube vids on Ellaskins and a few others plus I've checked out this forum for tips and also DJ forum's website. Im looking to improve my mixing and I'm stuck on phrase matching songs. I can count my Beats and Bars and I know something changes every 4 / 8 bars in songs but there's something I'm missing because my mixes seem forced most the time and I can't get my head round it. I mix all genres but mostly Top 40, Hiphop and R&B.

best thing to do is pair up with some kats. Im always down for a skype sesh to teach a few tricks.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Convert

Thanks for the reply but I dont use Skype. But does phrasing really matter or can you just count the bars in each section like chorus verse and so on and line them up to whatever you're bringing in on deck 2? The main prob im having is mixing some dance tracks and trying to follow the 8 bar phrase or even 4bar because there is little breaks in the drop sometimes that confuses the hell out of me and it goes off phrase.

there are plenty of techniques which you will learn over time. What genres are you having hte most issues with?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by hellnegative View Post
    there are plenty of techniques which you will learn over time. What genres are you having hte most issues with?
    Mostly EDM and trap. Its weird because I can mix some songs and they sound great but some songs just don't connect properly I feel when making the transition it just seems forced. I listen to alot of mixes and I don't know if it's because im mixing half way through most songs because mixing in the outro gets boring.

Tech Convert

Thanks