Gear...What to do?
    Tech Wizard

Default Gear...What to do?

Hey guys! I've been looking around for quite sometime now, and even bought a 100SE a few days ago! Now for my dilemma...

I have 2 CDJ800's, a DJM-600, a Mackie d.2 (1st gen. no firewire card..), Traktor duo w/Audio4, and now the VCI-100SE.

I'm just trying to figure out what to do. Sell the 800's and move on, or is there something that I'm missing and should keep them? I really like the way the CDJ's feel, and have had a pair of CDJ's for the last 8 years or so (started out with 1000's when they first came out, upgraded to the 800mk2's a year and a half ago). I mainly spin R&B, Hip-hop, Top 40. I've looked at the Prodigy Fx, the NS7, I've had and sold FS2, and am starting to get lost! I just want something that is pretty solid, dependable, and able to make my gigs easier to setup for (VCI-100SE I hope).

If anyone knows what I'm feeling, and could help, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

for me id rather keep the cdjs if u ever need to fall back on then at least theres you cdjs unless u wanna upgrade to something better then xsell it off.

Tech Wizard

That is one option I'm looking at. But is there anything out there that is comparable (in your opinion) to the 800's other than the 1000's? Turntables, Prodigy Fx, or maybe a combination of equipment?

Thanks for the feedback, this is why I'm here in the forums. I know some folks will read this and say "well, that's all a matter of opinion.." that's exactly what I wouldn't mind hearing - your opinion.

One option i'm looking at is selling the 800's and buying the NS7 and a new laptop...

First thing to do is actually stretch the legs on that 100SE, then you'll see what it can do.
    I kept hold of my cdj's for a long time after going digital, thinking I might need them, but in the end never did.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com