Mobile setup question, seeking opinions

Default Mobile setup question, seeking opinions

Ok, so i'm currently in the process of buying a 2.2 setup for some sound reinforcement and some mobile djing.
    I've already settled with behringer b1800ds as subs, now i don't want to go over budget, so my options gor tops are two: either behringer's own b215 (15" bass driver) or EV's zlx12s.
    Obviously the SQ will be better with EVs.
    Now the question is: will 12 tops go well with 18 subs, or should i switch over to 15 subs to gain a little punch that the 12" tops may lack?
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Guru

Never used the behringer stuff but I've used (only needed one as it was so impressive) RCF 8002as with a pair of 312a's and there was never a problem with lack of punch. I set the xover on the sub to 120 which worked perfectly. In my experience 18s with 12s work wonderfully together.
    If you do want a little more control buy an active xover which should give you a few extra tweaking options.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Thanks, but you're still talking a sub that costs 3x as much as the behringers :P

The B already has a crossover embedded ,so that wouldn't be much of a problem
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Guru

Aye I know and can't comment on the behringer as I haven't heard them but the question was regarding running 18s with 12s which is comparable to my setup.
    As for the active you can control xover points, delay etc which will help with punch in the room. Definitely worth considering one.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Tech Guru

Sorry just checked the spec and built in active so should all be fine. Hope someone who's used them can enlighten you more.

I have a b212d (just for some mobile type stuff) and I am very impressed with it. Its been beaten to hell and still sounds good. Just get extra fuses. If you have an 18 inch sub I wouldnt worry too much about the sub size of the tops. the behringers dont have a good low frequency but thats why you have a sub right? A bigger sub on the tops is just money wasted IMO. Stick with a 12 inch... You can get a pair of the b212ds for around 500 which is stupid good on a budget. There's is a lot of hate for that yellow triangle but its yet to fail me.
    Lenovo P580 || TSP2 || Traktor Z2 || 2x Audio-Technica AT-LP120 || Pioneer HDJ 1500 || Behringer B212D || http://www.mixcloud.com/Calzonetti/

Quote Originally Posted by D-Kem View Post
    Sorry just checked the spec and built in active so should all be fine. Hope someone who's used them can enlighten you more.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Calzone View Post
    I have a b212d (just for some mobile type stuff) and I am very impressed with it. Its been beaten to hell and still sounds good. Just get extra fuses. If you have an 18 inch sub I wouldnt worry too much about the sub size of the tops. the behringers dont have a good low frequency but thats why you have a sub right? A bigger sub on the tops is just money wasted IMO. Stick with a 12 inch... You can get a pair of the b212ds for around 500 which is stupid good on a budget. There's is a lot of hate for that yellow triangle but its yet to fail me.

I honestly cannot understand the hate on behringer.. their gear has always worked flawlessly for me..
    If it's 12 i think i will be going with zlxes then, i just trust the brand more..

I honestly cannot understand the hate on behringer.. their gear has always worked flawlessly for me..
    If it's 12 i think i will be going with zlxes then, i just trust the brand more..
    Agreed. I would have probably picked an EVs at the time, should I have had the cash to spend. Piecing together a decent setup while buying an education sucks hard. The b212d was also my first PA speaker so I was less worried about blowing the thing up during a house party. Go for the EVs
    Lenovo P580 || TSP2 || Traktor Z2 || 2x Audio-Technica AT-LP120 || Pioneer HDJ 1500 || Behringer B212D || http://www.mixcloud.com/Calzonetti/