Which mixer to get.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which mixer to get.....

Hi all, new here and in need of some advice. I'm looking into getting a dvs setup but am a little confused on which mixer to get. I play house but would like to learn to scratch, I have inherited a bit of a vinyl collection so would like something I could easily play both on, if possible at the same time.

So far my setup consists / will consist of the following:
    Pair of 1210s
    Audio 6 (thinking of getting a 10 but only so I won't need to upgrade if I want 4 decks)
    X1 to control traktor effects and such

I'm not sure which mixer to get. I have around £250 to spend but could push to a *bit* more. I'm leaning towards the djm250 but since I would like to learn to scratch I was looking at the dj tech dif1s but I'm not sure how this would work with general mixing / blending.

Any suggestions from you wonderful lot would be helpful.

Peace

Tech Mentor

Well since you already have the Traktor Audio 6 audio interface, I don't think you'll be needing the Traktor Z2.

Regardless, you could go for a Numark DXMPRO which is about $350, or as you mentioned in your post, the Pioneer DJM-250 is great.

What specifically more are you looking into? If you're thinking of getting a pair of CDJ's with your 1200's, then a decent 4 channel mixer and Traktor Audio 10 is the way to go, but if you want to get into scratching more, be sure to find a mixer that has a changeable fader so you could install an innofader to it which costs around $120.

Tech Guru

If you aren't going to be scratching primarily, I think you could get by just fine with a mixing-first mixer. Look for any mixer than can be upgraded with an innofader and you should be just fine. Since you're mixing house (which I honestly don't know how you're going to scratch), you should be looking for sound quality first before scratchability. I don't think you can go wrong with Pioneer. You can pick up a DJM350 or DJM400 which both can have the crossfader upgraded to an innofader if you decide to pursue scratching more.

DDM4000 would be my choice. Cheap, good sound quality, MIDI mappable, and can take an Innofader if you need to add one.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Guru

DJM250 is nice for general mixing as it has Isolator EQs, channel filters, channel VU meters, and Master/Cue mix - all of which are missing from the DIF-1S.

You can also route the 3rd output from the Audio 6 into the Aux channel for samples.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

DDM4K all the way.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

xone 22 or djm 250... probably the 250 just for the filters per channel and the extra aux

you can learn to scratch on both just fine

Here's someone scratching (not amazingly but certainly pretty well) on a djm 250

CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

+1 on the xone 22
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Guru

I think for what you want to do, you picked out great gear. Stay with the DJ Tech dif1s. I haven't used one, but for the price and what it has to offer, you cant beat it, and I think it will suit your needs very well. Keep your x-fader sharp so you can mix in some cuts, and blend with your channel faders and Traktors filter/fx as needed

Get the DJM-250 I'm 87% sure Elliot Marx can help you fit an innofader in it. Depending if the fader fits horizontal or vertical your going to possibly need an innobender. Just get the 250 open it up and take pics then use a multimeter to read the VCA signal. I can help you from there. I've fit plenty of innofaders in non supported mixers. The innofader has a built in variable voltage regulator and as long as you send 1.5v or more your good. I'm telling your those filter knobs are freaking awesome!!!! Then when you play out on a Djm-800 guess what those filter knobs are still there and your going to feel really comfortable mixing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast