Max One's Set Up Evolution - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Amazing setup you got there!
    Kontrol X1MK2 <3

Schalenberg

Looks great, Max! Quick question. The planks that the speakers sit on - did you cut those yourself, or does Ikea sell those?

Quote Originally Posted by nudedudewithattitude View Post
    Looks great, Max! Quick question. The planks that the speakers sit on - did you cut those yourself, or does Ikea sell those?
    Know what, i just cut those myself... There is a carpentry place near me that sell off cuts so i got a bit of white chipboard from them. The brackets are actually the Capita legs upside down and i just glued and screwed the wood into them.

tbh honest that's the most bodge bit of the job, though they work fine. Next time i need to order something from Ikea though I will get another set of Capita angular brackets and Lack shelves... or I might get small speaker stands.

Either way they totally do the job for now... actually do em pretty well
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Looking good man
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    Looking good man
    Cheers chap
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

nice setup. i was thinking about going with expedit as well but i needed a table where i can keep my desk chair since i do production on the same table. i currently have my monitors on the same stand as my laptop but am thinking about raising them like yours. anyway, good stuff!

Added an Akai MPK Mini... weirdly started producing beats on Logic standing up (to get the main loop going) and prefer it to sitting...

Anyway it's nice to have the keys there to jam when the mood takes me.

Click link below to see updated first post with pics.

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...l=1#post633644

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    **UPDATE OG POST**

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...l=1#post633644

PL-1 OUT

X1 mkii IN
    Nice! Care to explain why?

I'm looking for a second platter since I'm in the same situation you were in (Reloop Contour with only one deck so I'd have to swap decks on the same controller). Tempted to get the X1 MK2, but then I'd be mixing up controllers.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Nice! Care to explain why?

I'm looking for a second platter since I'm in the same situation you were in (Reloop Contour with only one deck so I'd have to swap decks on the same controller). Tempted to get the X1 MK2, but then I'd be mixing up controllers.
    It's just nice having both decks on one controller.

When i bought the pl-1 the x1mk2 hadn't come out. I like the touch strip idea cause i only really needed a way to mark the first cue and nudge the track, other than that jog wheel is un necessary... at any rate i got two giant jog wheels in the form of Technics 1200s

Hey man, nice job with the booth. I am planing on building something similar myself and have a random question. How tall is the tabletop where you place your decks etc? See, I am quite tall myself and wanted to somehow elevate the unit to about a meter but it seems that it's only about 90 cm with the capita legs.

Thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast