Traktor License issue

Default Traktor License issue

Sent my second replacement S2 back to native and got my 3rd back (4th one Im on now). That being said, this unit came in the original box and appeared to be a new unit with new software. I sold it shortly after having never entered or registered either hardware or software serial numbers.

Buyer received the unit and now is saying that the software serial comes up as being registered. This guy filed an eBay dispute immediately and upon getting in touch with him I realize he is a compete and total moron. He hadn't been to URL to download a full version on the software yet and hadn't made an account. I attempt to walk him through setup but I had the feeling he wasn't listening to a word I was saying.

My question here being is the software serial no good or is it registered in my account still or is this guy still just being an idiot?

Sorry for the mild rant and thank you for any help.

If your original license is registered and you're trying to sell off your gear with a license and also keep your license then, yes, I would assume you would need unregister you Traktor software license.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

And yes the buyer was a moron and has since figured it out. NI sent me a brand new unit with software as a replacement.

Tech Guru

If the unit is brand new and sealed, I would assume that it has a separate serial and NI simply didn't have any hardware-only replacement units available. The same thing happened with my 2nd S4 replacement.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

It is unusual though. Even when sending out full retail units (as replacements) they usually open them and take out the software and/or vouchers and reseal them.

It looks like an NI mistake that came good for the user.

Tech Guru

If you received a serial, I would argue that he registered it and may be spouting a lie to get a 'free discount'

eBay will rule in your favor if the key is good. Contact NI. THey will tell you.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

This issue has been resolved. The guy got a free copy of Traktor.

/thread