DDJ SX vs CDJ
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DDJ SX vs CDJ

Default DDJ SX vs CDJ

Okay so guys. I currently use a Twitch with itch and I love it. I just use the twitch for home and I usually use club CDJs when i'm playing live. I want to upgrade my gear at home to a DDJ SX or a pair CDJ 850s so i can practise at home to take my live performances on the CDJs at clubs to the next level mixing more complicated stuff. What does everyone recommend? Its obvious that a pair of CDJ 850s and a mixer would cost about double than the ddj. I would just like to know, how close is the ddj sx to cdjs. thanks.
    [CENTER]Pioneer DDJ SX, Technic 1200, Novation Twitch, MidiFighter Classic , NI X1, V-Moda crossfades, Roland MC-505, M audio profire
    Focal Twins, 13' Macbook Pro, Serato DJ 1.2, Serato Itch, Ableton live 9, Traktor 2.6

I say get the DDJ-SX and buy a Serato SL1.

Reason why:

You can do all the sweet stuff on Serato and it'll translate easier to CDJs at the club (HID or Timecode...you might want to pick up dicers too).

DDJ-SX.
    It's basically a pair of cdjs and a mixer stuck together. The only thing you'll need to learn are the effects that are different on more advanced pio mixers.
    That's basically it. I'd go with the ddj without a single thought.

Now this is for 850s. For 900s the story is different since they are HID compatible..
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

850 has HID that works with Serato as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dj_adm View Post
    850 has HID that works with Serato as well.
    Sorry, i completely forgot that.

To OP, they're two completely different price brackets if you include the mixer..
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Guru

Why not take your twitch to the club? Ultra portable.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Why not take your twitch to the club? Ultra portable.
    This. You can do FAR more with your twitch than you could ever hope to do with CDJs.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Well I'm from south africa and at the clubs I play at digital DJing is shunned upon, I too see it as sort of cheating compared to the standard beatmatching by ear and mixing without seeing your track waveforms. I also think that CDJ's give a better more fluid mix. I mostly use the CDJ 850s in clubs, and i dont have a rane soundcard, i think its quite a waste.
    [CENTER]Pioneer DDJ SX, Technic 1200, Novation Twitch, MidiFighter Classic , NI X1, V-Moda crossfades, Roland MC-505, M audio profire
    Focal Twins, 13' Macbook Pro, Serato DJ 1.2, Serato Itch, Ableton live 9, Traktor 2.6

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by joshmlevi View Post
    Well I'm from south africa and at the clubs I play at digital DJing is shunned upon, I too see it as sort of cheating compared to the standard beatmatching by ear and mixing without seeing your track waveforms. I also think that CDJ's give a better more fluid mix. I mostly use the CDJ 850s in clubs, and i dont have a rane soundcard, i think its quite a waste.
    How in the world is digitla DJing cheating???

You don't have to use sync, and you can disable or enable waveforms as you like..

But if i were to do that, is it not easier to bring 2 USB drives and a pair of headphones instead of your laptop, controller and cabling to the club?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast