ddj-sx vs vci-400 - Recording and producing - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I do not know about VCI400 but the DDJ SX is not a 4/4 sound card. The sound card only has 1 input and 2 outputs so for recording I can recommend it.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by dj gullum View Post
    I do not know about VCI400 but the DDJ SX is not a 4/4 sound card. The sound card only has 1 input and 2 outputs so for recording I can recommend it.
    Thank you for this Dj gullum, that answers my question about the ddjsx : disappointing. I guess this means there will never be an option to use external decks with software effects inside serato dj?

Am now wondering if the vci-400 has the same limitation, that is, a single stereo soundcard input for recording.

If anyone has an answer about the vci-400, it would be nice!

Tech Convert

Default Soundcard inputs

Thank you for this Dj gullum, that answers my question about the ddjsx : disappointing. I guess this means there will never be an option to use external decks with software effects inside serato dj?

Am now wondering if the vci-400 has the same limitation, that is, a single stereo soundcard input for recording.

If anyone has an answer about the vci-400, it would be nice!

has anyone tried recording instruments with either one of these controllers?
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Convert

So I went to my local music store and I tried out the inputs of the DDJ-SX soundcard in Ableton and as Dj Gullum stated correctly, there was only 1 stereo input. Which without any pan control, means that I can't even record simultaneous 2 X mono microphones. Thats is just sad. IMO a waste of a stereo input.

Anyway, I know this controller is for Djaying not recording, but I assume that means you can't even record external decks using the internal mixer (example : in traktor).

Anyone with info about the VCI-400 external inputs for recording please ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12