Transporting Light Equipment - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

assholes... opinions.... that being said, here's my worthless input. I wouldn't waste the money on bags and cases for that stuff. It's all low end gear for the most part, and might just end up breaking down or malfunctioning in mobile applications before the bags would even have a chance to protect your lights from the $ value of damage that bags cost in the first place.
    Also, and this is only my opinion, so take it for what it is or isn't worth, you can do a lot better for that price point. I'd say go for a couple of moving heads, some good washes, and a decent truss. Then just keep the hazer, and you have a better looking light show. I myself have two movers, 4 light bars, and used about 10 uplights for a wedding, and it was IMO much better than what you can achieve with your list above... and at only a few hundred more than what you spend on that excel sheet.
    You can see that set up for yourself if you like in this video.

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    assholes... opinions.... that being said, here's my worthless input. I wouldn't waste the money on bags and cases for that stuff. It's all low end gear for the most part, and might just end up breaking down or malfunctioning in mobile applications before the bags would even have a chance to protect your lights from the $ value of damage that bags cost in the first place.
    Also, and this is only my opinion, so take it for what it is or isn't worth, you can do a lot better for that price point. I'd say go for a couple of moving heads, some good washes, and a decent truss. Then just keep the hazer, and you have a better looking light show. I myself have two movers, 4 light bars, and used about 10 uplights for a wedding, and it was IMO much better than what you can achieve with your list above... and at only a few hundred more than what you spend on that excel sheet.
    You can see that set up for yourself if you like in this video.
    Thanks for your input! If I were doing weddings it would be quite applicable but I do small raves, house and warehouse parties so the more "exciting" lights like strobes and lasers are in my wheelhouse more than pars. The being said I am on the prowl next for some moving heads, a good liquid sky, and adopting DMXis for control. That way I have a very scalable system (small, two t-bars and UC3 controlled to full size, truss system and computer controlled).
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

I think you need some pars for any application. They are very versatile. With dmx you can do chases and strobes, also washing some walls or backlighting the DJ/ performer looks good, up lighting, and warming trusses, etc.

To me, a bunch of different Fx lights all going off at once isn't as effective as one or two Fx lights over a wash.
    Just a little food for thought

When I switch to DMX I'll get all my own pars then! For now both venues I play have their own.

Plus the Profile Panels do killer wash.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12