New DJ

Thread: New DJ

alexupdike

Default New DJ

Hey everyone! I'm just getting into music production stuff and I'm interested in remixing songs, layering, etc such as this . . .

I was wondering if there was a good program for beginners to use that anyone could suggest - something just to get started and learn the basics. Also, if there is a good website or place to read or watch about how to do stuff that would be great, too! Thanks.

google
    youtube
    vimeo
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

before just running around posting threads for stuff thats unnecessary cuz you're new, just do some research here on the forum. usually if you got a question, chances are, its probably already been answered. happy hunting new friend.

Yeah, we don't usually let people get lazy as fuck and ask blatently obvious questions until they've been here at least a year, or have a post count over 500. It's kinda like a forum equivalent of "paying your dues" or working your way up the ladder of Hollywood one backroom casting couch at a time.

In all seriousness, Ableton, Reason, Logic, ProTools, Adobe Audition, etc.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

reaper is free for 60 days then it only costs $60. i've read that since it's the honor system, the software is still fully functional after the 60 days...though if you are getting good use out of it, you should give them the money since that's crazy cheap for a daw. you should get the idea if you have the time and dedication to enter the world of producing with no money spent (though it should be noted that most daws give some kind of trial period).

google reaper tutorials to get started.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Download the trials of different DAWS, watch youtube tutorials and practise lots. It takes a while to get good so don't give up if you can't make something decent in the first week.

Here's a link to the Ableton Trial https://www.ableton.com/en/live/new-in-9/
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Quote Originally Posted by MYE View Post
    don't give up if you can't make something decent in the first year.
    Fixed that for you
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Fixed that for you
    haha very true
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye