Traktor wont fit in screen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor wont fit in screen

So today I set up my computer room DJ desk using a 26" led tv for a monitor. When I use my gateway monitor traktor shows up perfectly fine and everything fits in the screen. On the new monitor Traktor is so large that all I can see is deck A. I tried all the settings and still nothing fits. Internet expolorer looks fine and so do other programs. I know it might be a noob problem but its driving me nuts. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Under "Global Settings" > "Miscellaneous" you want to select "desktop"
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Just maximize the window lol.

EDIT: That's not actually very helpful I suppose, although it would solve your problem. The reason it's doing this is that your TV is only 720p, or - even worse, if you're using Composite - 800x600 - and Traktor is configured currently to display at 1920x1080 or whatever resolution your main monitor is set to. I have the same issue when transferring my root folder from my PC (1920x1080) to my shitty MacBook Pro (1366x768). Maximizing the window sorts it out.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

check your resolutions maybe?
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

Tech Wizard

I tried all your suggestions and I'm still having the same issue. The monitor is a 26 inch led made my coby. Its a crap brand but for 90 bucks oh well. I connected it through the VGA connector. I do not have an HDMI out or a DVI out. Could the VGA be the reason for the bad display?

I don't think the issue is with your physical connection, the only difference between VGA and dvi is that VGA is an analog signal and dvi is digital sounds like either a configuration issue in traktor. Have u tried reinstalling? Idk if that will solve it but worth a try. Also r u running windows or Mac?
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I havent seen any LED TV's for a LONG time with less than at least 1366×768 so I'd be suprised if its an issue with the TV - unless its 3 or 4 years old and proper out of date technology. Even my 3 year old cheap $100 24' LCD has 1920x1080 resolution.

First thing to do is check the Specs on the TV.

Although if it truly is LED (as opposed to LCD) is really only mainstream in cheaper TV's for the past 2 years I'm guessing you have a newer one.

I'm guessing its most likely the OP did not change the resolution in the graphics card settings of the computer. can you let everyone know what OS you are running so someone might be able to help you out.

Internet expolorer looks fine and so do other programs.
    They scale to fit smaller resolutions without too much trouble. Traktor does not.

Tech Wizard

I'm currently running Windows 7 with a AMD processor. The tv is a cheap knock off brand. I tried dropping the resolution down to in the 600's and still nothing. I thinking that the tv is just not capable of running the required resolution.

Did you try contacting NI? Might be a silly question, but is the copy of traktor real, or downloaded?
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Wizard

Its the legal version LOL. My brother in law told me that because it's and led tv and not a monitor its not going to work. His reasoning is the led TV's resolution is not high enough. Maybe I need to just suck it up and buy another monitor to mount on the wall?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast