Gemini CDMP-7000
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Gemini CDMP-7000

I had some spare cash lying around and i figured "what the hell" i can't seem to find anybody that owns yet alone has a decent review on one. so i bought one. i got it on sale for $639.00 USD. I know Gemini hasn't got the most prestigious reputation. but hey. If worst comes to worst and i hate it. i'll return it. So yeah. I haven't gotten it yet but the concept of 2 Gemini CDJ-700's slapped together with an analog mixer sounds pretty nifty. I have a good feeling about this Gemini product. It seems to be different from their old garbage... So long story short i have a Gemini CDMP-7000 on the way and i'll be doing an in depth review for all of you that are curious about it. it should be about a week or so before i get it. ANY CDMP-7000 or CDJ-700 users are welcome to share any information or discuss about the products.

and if you're going to be that guy that just goes "It's not pioneer so that means you're retarded" then just for the sake of all that is pure in this world... stop. i know pioneer is good and all but a nexus kit shouldn't cost as much as my car.

Quote Originally Posted by DjVagary View Post
    I had some spare cash lying around and i figured "what the hell" i can't seem to find anybody that owns yet alone has a decent review on one. so i bought one. i got it on sale for $639.00 USD. I know Gemini hasn't got the most prestigious reputation. but hey. If worst comes to worst and i hate it. i'll return it. So yeah. I haven't gotten it yet but the concept of 2 Gemini CDJ-700's slapped together with an analog mixer sounds pretty nifty. I have a good feeling about this Gemini product. It seems to be different from their old garbage... So long story short i have a Gemini CDMP-7000 on the way and i'll be doing an in depth review for all of you that are curious about it. it should be about a week or so before i get it. ANY CDMP-7000 or CDJ-700 users are welcome to share any information or discuss about the products.

and if you're going to be that guy that just goes "It's not pioneer so that means you're retarded" then just for the sake of all that is pure in this world... stop. i know pioneer is good and all but a nexus kit shouldn't cost as much as my car.
    http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2012/12...-review-video/

It's not that it's not a Pioneer that's the problem, it's that it's a pair of CDJs full stop. If I had $600 to spend, I know EXACTLY what I'd spend it on, and there wouldn't be a CD slot in sight.

EDIT: To be more helpful and less sarky, aside from "it's a CDJ", I don't have any particular problem with the CDJ700s (or any derivative product), apart from the ridiculous screen on them. It's a PORTRAIT 240x320 screen that looks like it's been pulled off one of the old Series 40 Nokia mobile phones. If you're planning on a) mixing by ear, or b) using it with Traktor/Serato/VDJ anyway, then just ignore the screen.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

the screens should work in VDJ Pro when you use midi "not HID". A member of the VDJ forum said that he play button has about a 2 second delay between hitting it and the software responding on the cdj 700's, hopefully you don't have the same issues with the cdmp
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Mentor

Wow, such a long video, yet so little information. Not even a demonstration, heck, he doesn't even plug it in. A year ago I saw the gear as well, but because there were so many complaints about delivery times I just went ahead and bought something else. Looking forward to an in-depth review

/edit:
    this ones a bit better I reckon:

Quote Originally Posted by Student View Post
    Wow, such a long video, yet so little information. Not even a demonstration, heck, he doesn't even plug it in. A year ago I saw the gear as well, but because there were so many complaints about delivery times I just went ahead and bought something else. Looking forward to an in-depth review

/edit:
    this ones a bit better I reckon:

Does that guy have the biggest hands... IN THE WORLD... or are those the smallest platters on a CDJ aside from the 350s?
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

CDJ 700s are so bad and cheap feeling i said no to them instantly. They are also known to have plenty of issues as well.

Tech Guru

What?

CDJ700 has a full 8" platter. A couple users here found that the Geminis developed problems fairly quickly. The screen is also absolutely tiny.

I'd rather get two CDJ700s and a separate mixer if I had to get the Geminis. Gives you the option to upgrade to Pioneers or Denons later on.

Ok I'll bite.... Let me throw a bit of positive vibes in. I own a cdj 700 in my practice kit. It's not half bad for the price. (I traded at a value of about 150)
    The good....
    -cheap
    -solid platter (not loose or wobbley)
    -relatively quick loading of tracks
    -basic "live" waveform view
    -built in efx.... (Only the filter is worth anything, the other efx suck)

Ok the bad......

-it freezes.... I'll say it again IT FREEZES!! When you start juggling cue points, or bumping the CUE real fast the track stops and the player locks up.

Now I will say, I have not updated my firmware yet, so that could fix the problem.

But to rely on it in a live situation, I would say....no.

To practice on in the studio.....absolutely go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2012/12...-review-video/

It's not that it's not a Pioneer that's the problem, it's that it's a pair of CDJs full stop. If I had $600 to spend, I know EXACTLY what I'd spend it on, and there wouldn't be a CD slot in sight.

EDIT: To be more helpful and less sarky, aside from "it's a CDJ", I don't have any particular problem with the CDJ700s (or any derivative product), apart from the ridiculous screen on them. It's a PORTRAIT 240x320 screen that looks like it's been pulled off one of the old Series 40 Nokia mobile phones. If you're planning on a) mixing by ear, or b) using it with Traktor/Serato/VDJ anyway, then just ignore the screen.
    I rather prefer a screen like this that will
    1) keep cost down
    2) visualize more than 1 frickin track title at a time (lower end cdjs i'm looking at you)
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

all this negativity. geez.

all i know is that i'm giving Gemini one more chance to prove that they can do something.

Also, i do know that this unit has a tendency to freeze but the new firmware should fix that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast