Kontrol F1 Ableton Script (Based off Maschine Mk 2 Script) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    NI finally released an updated template, however I shouldn't complain it's got a lot of great improvements. I'll be working on a new script and update it soon.
    Hey all

Thanks for putting work into this. I am new to this kind of things (and to Live), so I can't figure if it's me doing something wrong, or if I should just wait for a new script? Is the script for 9.1 out already?

Keep it up

tadoh
    Last edited by tadoh; 02-05-2015 at 12:53 PM. Reason: double post

Hey all

Thanks for putting work into this! I'm new to Live and to this kind of things, so I can't figure if it is me doing something wrong or if I just need to wait for a new script for my F1 to be released? Any help?

Thanks

tadoh

Hey

Thanks for putting work into this.

I am new to this kind of things, so I don't understand if it's me doing something wrong or it is not working at the moment. Is there a new script already out, or are you still working on it?

Thanks

tadoh

Tech Convert

Default Help! Using a Traktor F1 with Ableton Live 91

As promised just got home from a walk and the video is now uploaded.

Here is a link all the necessary files: (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vo556hrfh4ddwu0/elX42rGK8M)

1) Open the Controller Editor PDF inside the folder and follow the instructions to load the Maschine Mk2 script into Ableton Live 9
    2) Open the Kontrol F1 Ableton.nckf1 file and save it inside the controller editor.
    3) Open Ableton Live 9, Go to preferences, go to Midi/Sync, and under control surfaces select Maschine Mk2, then under input and output select Traktor Kontrol F1.
    4) Under midi ports make sure that Track and Remote are on for both the Maschine Mk2 Input and Output.

Once that is done your Kontrol F1 should have very similar functions to the Maschine Mk2 template. I'm aware that these are rushed instructions so if you have any questions feel free to message me and as I said earlier I think a Google Hangout would be beneficial to watch in detail all the controls that are available on the Kontrol F1. Enjoy!
    Hi rdej47

Appreciate this is an old post but I've scored the web for a solution to this and really struggling... I DJ using Traktor and have an S4 and F1. I've just started to get into Ableton and trying to use my F1 as a controller. I came across your mapping and the video demonstrates exactly what I'm looking to ahieve but I can't seem to get it fully functioning. I've installed the Maschine MKII files to the Resources folder in Ableton and loaded the map into the Traktor Controller editor. I select the relevant settings in the Live Midi settings etc.

The pads work when I load up an instrument in Live but nothing else seems functional. The biggest issue I'm having is being able to launch/play/stop clips but namely shifting octave in Live to access different notes on an instrument. I can shift octave on the keyboard using the 'Z' & 'X' keys which changes notes on the keyboard but the only way i seem able to shift octave on the F1 is to remap each pad to a different note. Am I doing something wrong, I don't have the extra functionality when pressing the shift and sync/quant keys etc.

I'm using LIve 9.1, is this something to do with the change in template files for Machine MKII and Ableton Live 9.1??

I've been pulling my hair out for a week now trying to solve this, any help would be much appreciated!

Adam

Tech Wizard

It's a little over the top, with all its controls. This should do the trick though.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...1_20141130.zip

I prefer the F1 as more of auxiliary controller, as opposed to a this which is more of a standalone.
    Also, If you haven't heard of NativeKontrol's ClyphX you should look it up. They also have a new product in development which allows Live 9 mapping from a third party program.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by madiman1 View Post
    It's a little over the top, with all its controls. This should do the trick though.

I prefer the F1 as more of auxiliary controller, as opposed to a this which is more of a standalone.
    Also, If you haven't heard of NativeKontrol's ClyphX you should look it up. They also have a new product in development which allows Live 9 mapping from a third party program.
    Awesome, thank you, I'll give that a go tonight! I have seen ClyphX crop up in a few forums but had no idea what it was so will look it up!

Fingers crossed this does the trick, I'll report back and let you know... big thanks!

****UPDATE***

I just had a run through the PDF, like you say loads of extra functionality in there but if this works you'll have made my week! Looks like it will do exactly what I need, use the Pads to play an instrument and turn the encoder to move up the scale. Perfect, just need to get out the office!
    Last edited by adamshin; 02-11-2015 at 06:48 AM.

Tech Convert

Did you make that? If not where did you get it/who did? It's almost exactly what I was looking for. I would like to donate/pay for a couple minor tweaks and one somewhat large addition.. A clip step sequencing mode like Maschine has to edit the midi of Ableton clips. If the API permits it.. I've seen other apps like LK for iOS do it, maybe it's possible.

Tech Convert

Did you make that? If not where did you get it/who did? It's almost exactly what I was looking for. I would like to donate/pay for a couple minor tweaks and one somewhat large addition.. A clip step sequencing mode like Maschine has to edit the midi of Ableton clips. If the API permits it.. I've seen other apps like LK for iOS do it, maybe it's possible.

Default live 9.7 ?

As promised just got home from a walk and the video is now uploaded.

Here is a link all the necessary files: (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vo556hrfh4ddwu0/elX42rGK8M)

1) Open the Controller Editor PDF inside the folder and follow the instructions to load the Maschine Mk2 script into Ableton Live 9
    2) Open the Kontrol F1 Ableton.nckf1 file and save it inside the controller editor.
    3) Open Ableton Live 9, Go to preferences, go to Midi/Sync, and under control surfaces select Maschine Mk2, then under input and output select Traktor Kontrol F1.
    4) Under midi ports make sure that Track and Remote are on for both the Maschine Mk2 Input and Output.

Once that is done your Kontrol F1 should have very similar functions to the Maschine Mk2 template. I'm aware that these are rushed instructions so if you have any questions feel free to message me and as I said earlier I think a Google Hangout would be beneficial to watch in detail all the controls that are available on the Kontrol F1. Enjoy!
    Hey mate, thanks for this but unfortunately, it does not work for LIVE 9.7. Any idea ofan update of your magic tool ? I would be blessed.
    what's about the YOUTUBE video, can u put it back online ?
    thanks in advance. Cheers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123