Kontrol F1 Ableton Script (Based off Maschine Mk 2 Script)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Kontrol F1 Ableton Script (Based off Maschine Mk 2 Script)

Hey what's up everybody, I just had a nerdy sunday and spent all day flexing the Maschine Mk2 Ableton script into a lean mean Kontrol F1 Ableton machine (patent pending). I tried finding a solid Ableton mapping for the Kontrol F1, no such luck. Then I tried to do my own and discovered 2 things a) Basic midi mapping in Ableton quickly gets messy as you add and move tracks around, and b) I don't care for Python (the code and the snake). Then a lightbulb went off, why don't I try assigning the exact same midi channels and values from the Maschine Mk2 template to the Kontrol F1. Eureka! It worked and now the Kontrol F1 can double as tight Ableton controller and Remix Deck controller. While I uploaded a video (posting soon) it doesn't cover everything and i'm not very good with Screenflow.

So I will upload the Kontrol F1 Ableton template and in the near future I will put together a Google Hangout where anyone can check in and we can do a solid walkthrough, ask any questions and maybe even talk about potential improvements. I'm excited to share this with you guys as it really turns the F1 into a 2 headed midi monster.

Tech Guru

As promised just got home from a walk and the video is now uploaded.

Here is a link all the necessary files: (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vo556hrfh4ddwu0/elX42rGK8M)

1) Open the Controller Editor PDF inside the folder and follow the instructions to load the Maschine Mk2 script into Ableton Live 9
    2) Open the Kontrol F1 Ableton.nckf1 file and save it inside the controller editor.
    3) Open Ableton Live 9, Go to preferences, go to Midi/Sync, and under control surfaces select Maschine Mk2, then under input and output select Traktor Kontrol F1.
    4) Under midi ports make sure that Track and Remote are on for both the Maschine Mk2 Input and Output.

Once that is done your Kontrol F1 should have very similar functions to the Maschine Mk2 template. I'm aware that these are rushed instructions so if you have any questions feel free to message me and as I said earlier I think a Google Hangout would be beneficial to watch in detail all the controls that are available on the Kontrol F1. Enjoy!
    Last edited by rdej47; 07-07-2013 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Dead video link

Tech Wizard

Freaking finally! Someone made a fantastic script for the F1 and Ableton! Great work bro! just one question, is it available for Live 8?

Tech Guru

Thanks man, I don't see why not, as a quick test you could follow the same instructions for loading the Maschine Mk2 template into Live 8.

In theory as long as the midi values are all the same for Maschine across Live 8 and Live 9 it should be cross compatible.

Tech Guru

Hey dj_moog just did a quick comparison between the Maschine Mk2 template for Live 8 and Live 9. It looks like it uses the exact same midi values for all the controls so the Kontrol F1 should work for Live 8. Just install the proper remote script for Maschine Mk2 into Live 8.

Tech Wizard

Niiiice! Such a great idea for creating an ableton script without the hours of coding. I cannot wait to give this a spin with my launchpad when i get off work!

Sweet! Good work.

Quote Originally Posted by dj_moog View Post
    Freaking finally! Someone made a fantastic script for the F1 and Ableton! Great work bro! just one question, is it available for Live 8?
    There have been a flew floating around for a while. This one seems to work nicely, though.

Tech Guru

Alright so I uploaded this without fully testing everything. There is one important thing to note. If you are planning to run Ableton alongside Traktor you will need to have Controller Editor open and you will have to manually connect the device inside Controller Editor!!Otherwise if you try and put the Kontrol F1 into Midi/User mode Traktor will automatically assign the Kontrol F1 to the Deck mapping. This isn't so bad if you have 2 F1's. One can be set to shift between deck C/D control while the other F1 can be left connected to the Controller Editor for Ableton control.

Tech Guru

Update, too override traktor from placing the F1 into deck control mode, open preferences in traktor pro, go to the kontrol f1 menu and where it says user mode or midi mode, select midi mode

Default Changing the assigning for the knobs on the F1 MK2 template

Hello, I was really glad to find your template. I could not make the others work! I was wondering if it was possible to change the knobs functions to send 1? and in shift mode to send 2?
    I need this for my live show.

Thanks in advance.

A

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast