CDJ-2000: all the hype for this...
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default CDJ-2000: all the hype for this...

Last edited by osoner; 09-17-2009 at 02:13 AM.

I have to say, its pretty much what we expected. Unfortunately it brings nothing new to the table for laptop jocks, who have all these facilities already.

For me, its major place is in bringing over cdj's dj's to the digital arena. If part of your workflow becomes the routine use of a computer to prep tracks, then it will become part of your mindset.

All in all, nice one pioneer, but I don't think this is the way the market is going.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Tech Mentor

I'm a big fan of Pioneer but would i go and spend the cash on these ?

Tech Mentor

But i must admit if the platter works as well as it does on the CDJ's then i think this is a cool controller !

Tech Wizard

very expensive. And, like dj moonie wrote, nothing really new for the inclined "DJ Tech Tools" guys :-)

Still, if it's widely adapted by clubs, it might be a nice alternative to carrying around your laptops and controllers -- just plug in an USB stick and off you go.

Tech Mentor

Thats it ! slip SD in your pocket and your away! I do like the look of it though!

Tech Mentor

I haven't clicked on the pioneer links yet, but I've just been sent this Youtube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&v=jJ-S9Xf3waY

Got to agree with Moonie. It's not adding anything we haven't already got in software.
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

There's no way in hell I'd pay $4300 for a pair; plus as peeps on other forums have mentioned, they're useless unless clubs get them installed asap

CDJ's are everywhere, whereas I've not seen all that many venues with USB-compatible players

Plus the rekordbox software is useless unless you're using a CDJ-2000, whereas CD's will work in any player and your laptop comes with you

I think it's too little too late... (although if I won the lottery I wouldn't say no rofl)
    MacBook, Vestax VCI-300 with Serato Itch
    www.djlantau.com | www.youtube.com/djlantau | www.soundcloud.com/djlantau

As I've mentioned above, there are no new features here that laptop dj's haven't already expected for the last couple of years. Also, although the colour screen is nice, the reality is that browsing through anything but small or very well organised playlists on that size screen isn't going to be fun.

The real power of the laptop over dedicated hardware like this, is that it can leverage multiple tools to create the workflow you want.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

If all clubs had em, I'd use em.

They probably won't get them, at least for another 3-4 years anyway, if ever and i'm not going to buy them, not at that price.

Having these at home and then not being able to use them in a club would be pointless, you'd never bring them with you. If you did, you might as well bring laptop and controller, which would be easier to set up.

If all clubs get these, great, i'm sure we'd all be on it. I won't hold my breath.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast