Traktor 2.6.2 Crash
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor 2.6.2 Crash

Hi All,

It's VERY rare for me to get a crash, so i thought i'd report this one -

Using -

Traktor scratch Pro 2 - 2.6.2
    Macbook Pro 13" OSX 10.8.4

I was using 4 track deck layout, 3 decks active, the program just locked up/froze for about 5 seconds - no audio - then it crashed.

If anyone knows what the cause was from the following crash report, please let me know......I might go back to 2.6.1 for the time being, not sure yet......

Here is the crash report attached -
    Attached Files Attached Files

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Dude you need to file this with Native Instruments Support and attach the crash log.

Tech Guru

O.o Where do these crash logs appear?

My Traktor is crashing ALL the time when I'm analyzing tracks.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Only time my traktor crash is when import/export a lot. Last version so far so good.

Tech Mentor

I upgraded to 2.6.2 and had no issues with it until last Sat night. I was playing a 4 hour set and everything was fine until 20 mins to go then I got the spinning beachball. The music kept playing on one deck but I could not load anything into the other deck. Luckily the venue has an ipod in the office and was able to switch the music over while I did a reboot.

This is the first time Traktor has ever crashed on me and of course it was during a gig. I am not sure if it was Traktor 2.6.2 or my laptop. Seems like ever since I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion it has slowed my machine down. I did upgrade the RAM to 8GB but that has not helped.

My set up consists of Macbook Pro mid 2010, 2.4GHz with 8GB RAM. Kontrol Z2, X1 and one Technics 1200. I am taking the Mac to the apple store today to see if they can tell me anything about what happened last Sat night. I need to get this resolved quickly because I have gigs this Fri & Sat night and don't need this to happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ G-REG View Post
    I upgraded to 2.6.2 and had no issues with it until last Sat night. I was playing a 4 hour set and everything was fine until 20 mins to go then I got the spinning beachball. The music kept playing on one deck but I could not load anything into the other deck. Luckily the venue has an ipod in the office and was able to switch the music over while I did a reboot.

This is the first time Traktor has ever crashed on me and of course it was during a gig. I am not sure if it was Traktor 2.6.2 or my laptop. Seems like ever since I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion it has slowed my machine down. I did upgrade the RAM to 8GB but that has not helped.

My set up consists of Macbook Pro mid 2010, 2.4GHz with 8GB RAM. Kontrol Z2, X1 and one Technics 1200. I am taking the Mac to the apple store today to see if they can tell me anything about what happened last Sat night. I need to get this resolved quickly because I have gigs this Fri & Sat night and don't need this to happen again.
    File it with NI Technical Support and attach the crash log.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    File it with NI Technical Support and attach the crash log.
    Where can I find the crash log?

Do you think this may be a Traktor issue? I do not want to take the laptop in to be looked at if it is. Thanks!

Could be any number of things.

On Mac, open Console (search for it in spotlight).
    Open - User Diagnostic Reports (you will see your Traktor Crash log)
    Highlight it and chose 'Save Copy As' to your desktop.

Then open the Native Instruments/Traktor/Logs folder and make a copy of the Traktor.Log paste it to your desktop.

Attach both Logs to the Support form. Use 'Technical Support' not any other support form.

Tech Mentor

Will do. Thanks Karlos!

It sounds like alot of users are having the same issue from upgrading from 2.6.1... I chatted w/ NI and they told me anytime I load a mono track it will make Traktor crash... They said they will fix this bug in 2.6.3 but for now be careful on playing mono tracks, cause the only way around is to restart Traktor on a crash... I've used Mp3Repair and Audacity to switch my major playable samples and tracks from mono to stereo... Hope this helps!

Ollie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast