begginer dj looking for first mixer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default begginer dj looking for first mixer

hi im a begginer dj looking for my first mixer in the 100 to 200 range... it needs usb capabilities so i can plug my stanton t62s in to the rca/phono ins and go (and i dont want to have to go and get a sound card:P) i have already picked out a few candidates.. the M6 USB the M101 USB or the new Dj Tech Dif 1s

if there is a good mixer out there please let me know

Quote Originally Posted by djxzilla View Post
    hi im a begginer dj looking for my first mixer in the 100 to 200 range... it needs usb capabilities so i can plug my stanton t62s in to the rca/phono ins and go (and i dont want to have to go and get a sound card:P) i have already picked out a few candidates.. the M6 USB the M101 USB or the new Dj Tech Dif 1s

What exactly do you need the USB for? I'm pretty sure none of those mixers have sound cards..

The DJ Tech mixer is probably the best in that price range. But that doesn't have USB.

true the dif 1s does not have a sound card:P i want to plug my turntables into the mixer and the mixer into my computer right?? I'm a noob so i may be getting this wrong what is the best cheap sound card to get?? i want a mixer with a sound card because its cheaper than getting the tractor scratch pro a6 plus a mixer...

Quote Originally Posted by djxzilla View Post

You are assuming that since the mixer has USB. That it has what we call "scratch capability" or the ability to control digital tracks with vinyl.

You will need a "scratch certified" sound card or mixer such as the kontrol z2.

Most of those "USB mixers" have only 1 channel out and maybe 1 channel in. But it's doubtful that it will work with traktor scratch.

I might have misunderstood your request, if so just ignore my advice hahahaha

Thanks for the advice got some saveing to do

Tech Guru

Save up more and buy a decent mixer+sound card. None of the mixers you listed will work in the way that you want.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

ok will do... im thinking the traktor kontrol z2... is that a good mixer??

are stanton t62b's a good choice??

Tech Wizard

If i were you i would just buy a controller i bought a mixtrack for my first piece of equipment and i love it! You also get alot more features then just using a mixer. Check this out if you buy this you will also need a sound card and i reccomend this I don't actually own one but from what I have heard its a pretty good soundcard
    Last edited by Bcaylor22; 07-11-2013 at 09:55 PM.
    Emachines E528 4GB of Ram Traktor Pro 2 | MF Classic | Numark Stereo IO | Numark Mixtrack |

Mixcloud

i would like to learn to scratch so all-in-ones are not good for that right??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast