How Much Are You Worth?

Default How Much Are You Worth?

Ever had trouble trying to decide how much to charge for a gig, or your services in the audio field? It's not the only way, but here's the way I went about it.

http://tarekith.com/how-much-are-you-worth/

minimum is $100 for first hour and $60 for each hour afterwards. This is for clubs where i don't bring anything except my music. Mobile gigs minimum $300 for 2 hours. i don't do weddings but if i did it would be in the $900-$1500 range + add-ons like uplighting and mic work lol thats what my buddies that do weddings charge. BTW a sign of a Wack DJ is one that Undercuts other DJs.....

Thanks for sharing how you do it too.

Tech Wizard

Nice. I agree with the article, go with your gut. Not crazy pompous, not undercutting... strike a nice balance with what you truly believe your time is worth.

Thanks! Some people just have a hard time trusting their instincts.

There is no set way to do it as every area is different, and your local pay will correlate to what other venues pay. Aside from your pay having to have to make some sort of sense in relation to what the average pay is, it also depends on what you are doing as far as bringing in people. End of the day, its a business and numbers have to make sense for everyone involved in that aspect.