Beginner DJ setup questions.

Default Beginner DJ setup questions.

I am looking to buy the Traktor Kontrol S2 and the Traktor Audio 2. (First of all is this a good place to start?)

I am messing around with Mixxx (http://www.mixxx.org/) And I'm having fun
    so I figured I would move on to something more professional like the setup up top^ Also I would be using Traktor pro 2.

If I want to buy the Traktor F1 later on, will I be able to hook all of this up together? Or is there not enough inputs/outputs on the Audio 2?

Looking at these setups :
    http://www.native-instruments.com/en...etup-examples/
    I think that first setup is what I want.

Any thoughts/comments/ anything really will help!

http://www.native-instruments.com/en...or-kontrol-s2/

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA1390U99458

The S2 has a soundcard built into it mate, no need for the audio 2 (although always handy to have a soundcard in the bag)
    The F1 is just a midi controller, you can use as many as you have ports to accomodate (just look at my sig for an example)
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

I heard something once, that advice was "Newbies concentrate on tricks, pros focus on nailing the basics." I remembered that piece of advice shortly after I bought my F1 and returned it. Concentrate on absolutely nailing the basics. The rest will come. Sometimes, less is more.

Grab the S2. As mentioned above, the S2 has an audio card built in so no reason for the Audio 2. All you should need for now/a while is the S2 and after a bit if you still want to grab the F1 then go for it but I've been mixing for about 4 years now (2 on the S4) and I still havent found myself looking to add the clutter of an F1 and am just now beginning to experiment more and more with more than 2 decks running.

Concentrate on the basics and have fun!

Trick

Quote Originally Posted by tricks View Post
    I heard something once, that advice was "Newbies concentrate on tricks, pros focus on nailing the basics." I remembered that piece of advice shortly after I bought my F1 and returned it. Concentrate on absolutely nailing the basics. The rest will come. Sometimes, less is more.

Grab the S2. As mentioned above, the S2 has an audio card built in so no reason for the Audio 2. All you should need for now/a while is the S2 and after a bit if you still want to grab the F1 then go for it but I've been mixing for about 4 years now (2 on the S4) and I still havent found myself looking to add the clutter of an F1 and am just now beginning to experiment more and more with more than 2 decks running.

Concentrate on the basics and have fun!

Trick

Perfect! Thanks man!
    I know it has a built in sound card but I just wanted to make sure it was legit.
    Exactly what I needed to hear!

Tech Convert

I will say if you have the money for an S2 and Audio 2, I would highly recommend picking up the S4 while it's on fire sale. It's only $100 more than the S2 and I think it'll grow with you a little better.

I started with the S2 about a year and a half ago and just got an S4 and found that while it had features I didn't need out the gate I wish I had started with it because I feel it would've grown with me a little more than the S2. I also have two friends who both started with the S4 and having played with my S2 they agreed that they probably would've outgrown the S2 fairly quickly.

As far as the sound card, it's legit. It pretty much is the Audio 2.

Whichever you decide to go with though I think you'll have fun with them. Like I said I wish I had started with the S4, but on the same note I absolutely don't regret getting the S2.

EDIT: The S4 is on sale until August 31st.