need famous dj names for my budget! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by swanbiz View Post
    No disrespect to DJ Vekked but I was thinking more someone along the lines of Tinchy Stryder or Tim Westwood

Thank you for the reply though!
    ... Tinchy Stryder DJs? I thought all he did was make cheesy pop songs while annoying grime fans.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    hahaha you have a lot to learn young grasshopper - 1hr set is the standard for headliners, it's only through much planning and discussions will your favourite artists play longer sets at a random night they are booked for.
    Are you kidding? Here in Miami headliners play a minimum of 3 hours for club gigs. I know this because I book them. Festivals, 60 to 90 minutes is normal. If you are only getting 60 minutes out of a headliner you are fucking ignorant. No DJ wants to play for an hour and you don't get your money's worth as a promoter or club owner. YOU have a lot to learn bro.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Thanks guys - who's your favourite DJ that would come in my budget then?

i dont know but by booking a headliner and having them only play for a single hour,
    you are assuming all the people coming for the headliner are coming at the same time
    What do you do with the rest of the 5 hours for the night?
    Book 5 other no named djs?
    or book 2 others and have them play longer than the headliner?

i have to ask because it just doesnt add up

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    Are you kidding? Here in Miami headliners play a minimum of 3 hours for club gigs. I know this because I book them. Festivals, 60 to 90 minutes is normal. If you are only getting 60 minutes out of a headliner you are fucking ignorant. No DJ wants to play for an hour and you don't get your money's worth as a promoter or club owner. YOU have a lot to learn bro.
    No, he's right. Zedd just played in Mansion like 2 weeks ago and his set wasn't even an hour and a half, for example.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by firebr4nd View Post
    No, he's right. Zedd just played in Mansion like 2 weeks ago and his set wasn't even an hour and a half, for example.
    Hahahaha... this is Mansion, not a nightclub. Space, Story, Treehouse, Pickle are all 3 hours minimum unless they have multiple headliners.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Well, it's not Miami.

If you are booking names that are known in practically any household that listens to Top 40 and pop mainstream radio then you are not talking 3 hour sets.

Yes, if you got someone over like Todd Terry, then you would be looking at somewhere around 3 hours, but he's obviously looking to get more mainstream known acts

Hahahaha... this is Mansion, not a nightclub. Space, Story, Treehouse, Pickle are all 3 hours minimum unless they have multiple headliners.
    r3hab is going to play an awesome 3 hour set later this month just because he's playing at Story instead of a place like Mansion.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

Quote Originally Posted by firebr4nd View Post
    this is common with smaller places and when a headliner has multiple bookings

Tech Mentor

J Paul Getto will do a 90 mn set for $2000 plus flight and hotel.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast