need famous dj names for my budget!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default need famous dj names for my budget!

Hi,

I run a club 45 minutes outside of london in a town. I'd like to ask the community to recommend some big name DJs for me

£1000-1500 range
    £1500 - 3500 range

£3500-6000 range

Any kind of music is welcome but the person must have been/is 'popular' or 'recognisable'. 60 minute sets are fine.

I hope this is not against forum rules. Thank you very much!

Cheers,
    Swanbiz

Tech Mentor

DJ Vekked, he's a member of this community, don't know if he'd come to the UK to just play for 60 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Danek View Post
    DJ Vekked, he's a member of this community, don't know if he'd come to the UK to just play for 60 minutes.
    No disrespect to DJ Vekked but I was thinking more someone along the lines of Tinchy Stryder or Tim Westwood

Thank you for the reply though!

Tech Mentor

Why in the world would you pay that kind of money for 60 minutes in a club? If you are gonna spend that kinda cash, you need to get at least 3 hours out of that headliner.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    Why in the world would you pay that kind of money for 60 minutes in a club? If you are gonna spend that kinda cash, you need to get at least 3 hours out of that headliner.
    in light of that is sounds to me that he isnt actualy RUNNING the club
    and infact just was asked to take over a single night of the week

Prices are one of those things that people just don't discuss openly on forums for larger name acts. If you know, you know, and if you don't, you have to earn the knowledge
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

i'll play for 1500 quid.

my mates know me

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    hahaha you have a lot to learn young grasshopper - 1hr set is the standard for headliners, it's only through much planning and discussions will your favourite artists play longer sets at a random night they are booked for.

TS, I would do some research - why not put a post up on the fanpages and portals of the club and see who people want to see, without mentioning your budget.

The 2 names you've mentioned above are sort of in your range - £5000 - £6000 will get you a 15min set for a semi-decent pop act, and you can afford westwood for a whole set with that sort of budget.

I'd do some research, send some emails to agencies and it'll start to come clearer - asking a forum like techtools isn't going to get the answers you need.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Funny kind of post.

You could pick up a variety of music mags and see who's drawing the crowds. A quick google of Tim Westwood or Tinchy Stryder easily puts you in contact with their agents.

Asking here may be good for getting name underground Dj's, but not really mainstream ones. You could go through Radio 1 DJ names of who is doing the Friday and Saturday night slots, or other late night slots where they may have a following and are playing some genre of dance music. Of course if you're going for Tim Westwood, there are also the Trevor Nelson types.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

...Or you could employ a promoter who will do the job properly and you won't end up getting ya pants pulled down by every agent in industry cus they will charge YOU what YOU will pay not what the artists actually goes out for.

Seriously dude, you are setting yourself up for a fall here. Get a promoter who knows how to approach agents and do the job properly.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast