Cdj-900 traktor or record box
    Tech Wizard

Default Cdj-900 traktor or record box

Hello DJ's, I need help with traktor and the cdj 900s. What I want to do is use them to control each traktor deck, but I screwed up the output. It's in hid mode, but the audio comes out of the computer, not the mixer.

My next question is should I use record box or traktor if I want to use the computer as a library/hard drive. Is this possible? I don't really need the wave forms or features in traktor (like the PC feature on the 850). Can I use the link feature using a computer (ie record box) as the music hard drive?

My last question is what should I do for a mixer? Any opinions on the djm 850?

Thanks.

Tech Guru

I'd guess something with your audio settings. What mixer are you using? DJM850?

Use Traktor. You can turn off the waveforms. Not sure why you don't want to use Traktor if you have the laptop there already.

Tech Convert

The djm 850 is great with traktor. It'll also do away with your problems configuring the cdj 900's as soundcards. I use the djm 850 with the setup utility as my soundcard for traktor and my cdj 900's simply as controllers in advanced HID mode.

Tech Guru

If you don't need Traktor's waveforms or FX, then Rekordbox is the better option as it gives you 100% of the CDJ features working exactly as they would in standalone mode. All you need is a simple ethernet switch and a few cables.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Personally I would recommend use Rekordbox purely because why get CDJ's if you going to use traktor?

Tech Wizard

Thanks everyone. This is my mixer

^Only the best for me

I really didn't know what I wanted for a mixer but I'm pretty set on the 850 after I saw a good review on it. I was looking at the 250 but I hate buying something I wanna replace in a month and the extra fx are nice. The used 800's look beat to hell

How do you record mixes with the 850?

It looks like I will use rekordbox since all I need is a source for music

Tech Guru

You can connect the 850 to your computer and use software like Audacity to record the "REC OUT" channel from the mixer.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by huntercastro View Post
    The djm 850 is great with traktor. It'll also do away with your problems configuring the cdj 900's as soundcards. I use the djm 850 with the setup utility as my soundcard for traktor and my cdj 900's simply as controllers in advanced HID mode.

Snap, I my CDJ900.DJM 850 set up in exactly the same way with Traktor, I also use Rekordbuddy to export playlists etc into Rekordbox to allow me to mix without the laptop if the urge takes me.