Simple midi controller for fades and Hi-Mid-Lo with Traktor

Default Simple midi controller for fades and Hi-Mid-Lo with Traktor

I have no dreams of ever being a DJ but I love messing around with Traktor at home, so much so that I bought an F1 (I turn 41 in a week and I was able to justify it to my wife as a Birthday gift). I really just want to make my own remix sets for friends (and to listen in the car). The only real hitch I've run in to is that it sucks trying to mix something when I'm using the mouse to drop out the lo end of the track I'm about to mix in and then try to fade it in while trying (poorly) to also bring up the lo end while fading out the exiting track. I know I can buy any number of components for this. The X1 looks perfect but I feel like it may be a bit more than what I need (considering the production level I'm going for) and it's a bit more than I could justify spending on a hobby considering I just picked up the F1. So my questions is if there's a device out there that just controls the faders and knobs in Traktor. I know it's likely going to be something I would just remap in Traktor but all of the devices I've seen still have most of the other DJ components on it, even if they're cheap ones. I'm looking for something clean and small. I prefer real knobs over an iPhone/iPad app (which I have right now).

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

The Kontrol Z1 fills those shoes

Tech Mentor

Yep, Kontrol Z1 sounds like exactly what you need!

+1 z1
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

I apologize. When I said X1 I meant that I already new about the Z1. I was hoping there was some $60 midi device out there that just had 2 sliders and 6 knobs I could remap.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

m-audio x-session pro is a cheaper alternative, no soundcard tho.

M-audio is a great suggestion. I found a M-AUDIO TORQ MIXLAB USB/MIDI DJ MIXER on ebay for $50. It looks exactly like the x-session. Do you happen to know if there's a difference?

Thanks for the advice Padi_04. That's exactly what I was looking for. I found a guy selling one for $40 on Kijiji.