Soundflower/Audio 8 help?

Default Soundflower/Audio 8 help? - Solved!

Aloha DJTT,

I have been experimenting with Soundflower/Stompy/VST FX and I am running into an odd problem.

I can't seem to get OSX/Soundflower to give me multiple audio outs with my Audio 8. No matter what I do it sends the same signal to all 4 pairs of outs on the A8DJ.

In Soundflower I have selected 64 channel output and I have channels 1-8 mapped to channels 1-8 on the A8DJ. I have messed around with speakers settings and currently using octagonal setup.

In Traktor I have output routing set as A deck to 1-2, B deck to 3-4, C & D decks to 5-6.

Ultimately I'm trying to see if I can get Stompy working as a VST FX host using channels 7-8 in/out on the A8DJ. I have my FX send outs going to 7/8 IN on the A8DJ and 7/8 OUT to FX return.

/edit: Input routing seems to be working fine as far as I can tell. FX send is sending the signal to the A8DJ and I am getting signal into Stompy/VST FX according to their meters. Oh and if I select built in audio as the output for Stompy/VST FX, I get the FX output through the build in soundcard.

/edit2: This is OSX 10.7.5

The only thing holding me back is stupid Soundflower. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Paka
    Last edited by Paka Ono; 07-16-2013 at 11:12 AM.

I surfed around and messed around and have what I want working! And the solution was to not use Soundflower at all!

I created a multi-output device and set that to use only channels 7/8 and then created an aggregate input device also only using 7/8.

Routed those as the ins/out into Stompy and voila! I know have an VST FX loop using my A8DJ & Stompy that I can select via my mixer.

w00 h00!!!