Another which CDJ thread for home practicing - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

If you've never used a Pioneer CDJ (800/1000/850) you wouldn't know the difference. The jogwheel is slightly heavier and looser than the Pioneer. You could argue that it's less precise, but I think it's a truer emulation of how vinyl reacts i.e. more fluid.

The upside to using the Reloop as your home/practice deck is that (apart form being half the price) using a Pioneer CDJ is even easier.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by matrick View Post
    If you've never used a Pioneer CDJ (800/1000/850) you wouldn't know the difference. The jogwheel is slightly heavier and looser than the Pioneer. You could argue that it's less precise, but I think it's a truer emulation of how vinyl reacts i.e. more fluid.

The upside to using the Reloop as your home/practice deck is that (apart form being half the price) using a Pioneer CDJ is even easier.
    Okay! And build quality wise you would recommend this deck?
    Seems like i will at least have a look at it!

As an affordable alternative to the industry standard I would

Tech Guru

I have the Reloop Contour which is extremely nice. I love the pads and the jog wheel feels great. I'd imagine the RMP-3 is pretty similar.

If you're using timecode you don't even need the RMP-3; the RMP-1 will give you the same experience as the CDJ1000s. Personally, I'd go for the 2.5s or the 3s though, and use them in MIDI mode, ditching timecode altogether.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Mentor

i have 2 cdj350īs in my club.
    they are solid, have a good internal audio interface, they play from usb harddrives (rekordbox) and can be used as midi controller.
    they donīt have all the features the big ones have (wave on screen, hotcues, hid, timecode,..) and obviously they donīt feel like their big brothers

depending on your purpose, what do you want to practice?

jog scratching like with timecode-vinyl wonīt work on the cdj350.
    if youīre looking for a solid midi controller with a good audio interface that can also play various sound formats stored on cd/usb then go for it.

But mind, when you play in clubs you will find all the different cdj models and your traktorīs tsi file has to be customized for each of them (or you have to use the standard template and download the specific template before your gig)

so you might end up, bringing your own gear everytime. in this case you should consider to invest in your very own controller/set up... practicing/playing live with your preferred equipment is much more fun than using different gears preferred by club owners. and keep the cdjs in mind for worst case scenarios...
    Last edited by c0nsul; 07-17-2013 at 02:19 PM.

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

Tech Wizard

I wasn't impressed with the feel of the 350's. I'd get at least an 800/850, 900's if you can

Tech Guru

^ Although to be honest, I thought the CDJ850s felt pretty shitty as well. The plastic feeling is... so weird. And the jog wheel is so loud.

Tech Wizard

Thanks everybody so far.
    I will have a look at the Reloop stuff and maybe order both a Reloop and a Pioneer so i have them both under my hands.
    I heard a lot of good now about the CDJ 800,you can get them for 400 Euros in a real good condition even with warranty.
    Still,only thing keeps me from going for that is burning CD's.

Tech Guru

The DDJ-SX is a decent controller with an almost identical layout to a pair or CDJs and a standard mixer. You can change your software settings so that only basic track info is shown like on a CDJ screen in order to practice beatmatching.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast