Gemini G4V or Behringer CMD studio? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    I use traktor more than ten years now and for that time I made over 500 mappings that I can use as templates for remapping but I didn't refer to that here :P
    You know I WAS specifically including adding things like Super FX and predetermined Gater/Beatmashers to each pad etc, right? :P Tbh it'd probably take longer than hour just because of the sheer number of commands which have to be added to map something of that size WITH effects.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    You know I WAS specifically including adding things like Super FX and predetermined Gater/Beatmashers to each pad etc, right? :P Tbh it'd probably take longer than hour just because of the sheer number of commands which have to be added to map something of that size WITH effects.
    Like 45 min max. Add all transport and FX for A and C at one side of controller then duplicate device and remap it for B and D - for me personally the double focus solution overcome the A/C B/D switching limitation.

Already see how I should map this controller but I wonder if the firmware handle shift or page selector via MIDI channels... That could change game a bit. I like how 4A does it in firmware just like that and if G4V supports only flat mappings the 4A got much more mapping potential.

And so it begins. Mapping before the product. Hell, get a good pic of it and at least the blueprinting could be done.
    "There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you are interested in doing something you do it only when it's convenient. When you have committed to do something, you accept no excuses, only results."

Quote Originally Posted by str1ct9 View Post
    And so it begins. Mapping before the product. Hell, get a good pic of it and at least the blueprinting could be done.
    Not attempting to create mapping for this controller but some ideas are coming. Don't really like that jog wheels for that side shapes...

Knowing some Gemini controllers I wouldn't be surprised if they implement some HID functions making those controls impossible to map in other software that's not coming in the box.

Hi Guys,

You're referring to our early controllers the Gemini CNTRL series and the original Firstmix.
    Beyond that any new products such as CDJ-700 or CDMP-7000 or Firstmix pro contain 100% midi and can be mapped any which way you want. We are actually working on 2 sweet Traktor mappings. 1 containing a true 4 deck set up and the other with 2+2 remix decks.

We are open to having even more mappings supplied with things like instant gratification style things on the the pads. The 4 buttons below the pads each have a shift and are used as modifiers so technically you can map the pads to do 8 different layers.

I have the midi table available if someone wants to take a jab at mapping without the actual unit .

Thanks,
    Gemini

Isn't that quite large amount of controls to start messing mappings with out the actual unit?

And yes, I was referring to CNTRL series. Good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    We are open to having even more mappings supplied with things like instant gratification style things on the the pads. The 4 buttons below the pads each have a shift and are used as modifiers so technically you can map the pads to do 8 different layers.

I have the midi table available if someone wants to take a jab at mapping without the actual unit .

Thanks,
    Gemini
    I'm more than happy to put together an effects-heavy Traktor mapping for the G4V/G2V, but there's no way I'd even attempt something like that without a unit to work with lol. Pay for the return shipping cost and I'll even send it back to you in one piece when I'm finished :P
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1

Send it back? Who will fix any possible bugs and update that mapping later on

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Send it back? Who will fix any possible bugs and update that mapping later on
    Ah yes, a very good point sir!

Tech Guru

I might be mistaken, but I believe that the Studio 4a already has a Traktor mapping...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast