DPC latency issues with Traktor Audio 2, but not with Mixtrack Pro

Default DPC latency issues with Traktor Audio 2, but not with Mixtrack Pro

Hi! I recently bought a Traktor Audio 2, in order to not have to base my set-up around the Mixtrack Pro. I never had any latency issues using the soundcard in the Mixtrack Pro, but I'm cracks and pops every couple of seconds with the Audio 2.

I've spent a lot of time investigating the problem, and it's a DPC latency problem, in particular acpi.sys, which runs about 2.8ms. Disabling the ACPI battery controller driver didn't work, and my laptop (a beefy Pavilion dv7-7xxx, runnign Windows 7) doesn't have unlocked BIOS controls for power management, so I can't disable whatever power stuff the acpi.sys driver is controlling that way.

Basically, I've resigned myself to not being able to fix this issue, but I'm curious as to why this was never a problem with the MP internal soundcard, if the problem really is the ACPI on my computer. My explanation would be that I was using ASIO4ALL drivers for the MP, and the NI drivers for the TA2, except I've tried using ASIO4ALL with the TA2, and had exactly the same problems. Does anyone know whether it might be that there are issues with the TA2 drivers or firmware that are causing these problems? I'm trying to figure out whether it's worth returning the TA2 and getting something else, and the seemingly unfixable acpi.sys thing is suggesting that my computer just might not be suitable for real-time audio, but the fact that I've not had any trouble before I got the TA2 is giving me hope that buying a different interface might solve the problem.

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Well, through a process of elimination I've discovered that the acpi.sys lag comes from the switchable graphics in my laptop. I suspect there is a pesky service regularly checking which graphics card to use. So, that's one part of the mystery solved, although there doesn't appear to be much I can do about it. I'm still curious to find out if anyone can offer an explanation why this problem would arise with the TA2 and not the MP though.
    Last edited by pondr; 03-28-2014 at 08:04 PM.