Kontrol X1 Midi mapping problem..!!

Default Kontrol X1 Midi mapping problem..!!

Hi everyone,

I was trying to custom map the X1 as a mixer for Traktor Pro 2.6.2.
    The problem I am facing is the Deck B low adjust is for some weird reason
    tied up to the Volume adjust of Deck A, seems like happening by default.
    I can map it to the low adjust of B with the X1, but when I turn the low
    of Deck B, the volume fader of A is going up down with it..! Sorry guys,
    I am quite new to mapping, so would appreciate any help from the expert
    guys.

Btw, forgot to mention that I am doing these mapping in the Midi mode for X1.
    All my other mappings seems to be working fine.

Thanks in advance if anybody might help.
    Cheers.
    Shayne.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Sort by "Mapped to" and see if you accidentally assigned it to both commands. Also, check in the Controller Editor (the external app) if by some some weird reason they are sending the same CC.

Hi Del Ritmo,

Thanks for the reply bro, I checked the mapped to as you suggested, all seems ok.
    Volume adjust Deck B mapped to Ch01.CC.001
    Low adjust Deck B mapped to Ch01.CC.007
    Does not seem to have any over lapping.

I tried the controller editor as you suggested, never tried before in fact. But the program
    is crashing every time I open with the X1 connected. Then tried without X1, it opens
    but when I connect the X1, crashes again. Don't know what's going on.
    Very frustrating bro...

Thanks if you have any more advise.
    Regards,
    Shayne.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Try this. Enter new command (any) and map to problematic knob. Scroll the mapping list and delete all commands that are mapped to that CC (highlighted ones). Finally, delete first (test) command as well and add your EQ to test out the mapping.

That way we'll know if the issue comes with controller editor template CC doubles.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Does it get fixed if any of the 8 knobs is at 0%?

Sounds odd but this is what we used to do in order to identify units with the hardware bug known as "teatime" where knobs would start sending mixed values and interfere with each other.

There are 8 fx knobs in the NI Kontrol X1 (4 for FX bank 1 and 4 for FX bank 2), fire up Traktor Pro, turn all 7 knobs (any 7 knobs will do) to MAXIMUM (5 O'clock position) and then watch the knobs indicator on the computer screen while you slowly increase the 8th knobs to maximum... if you have a "defective unit" then once the 8th knobs hit maximum, all 7 other knobs are gonna jump around frantically like you just pressed a non-existant "randomize" button!!!
    I'd be amazed if one of those units is still around but you lose nothing by trying this. If it is indeed affected by the bug, open a support ticket with NI and they will replace the faulty unit.
    Last edited by padi_04; 07-17-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Try this. Enter new command (any) and map to problematic knob. Scroll the mapping list and delete all commands that are mapped to that CC (highlighted ones). Finally, delete first (test) command as well and add your EQ to test out the mapping.

That way we'll know if the issue comes with controller editor template CC doubles.
    Hi Padi_04,

I just tried out your advise, but the problem still persists...!!!
    It's quite interesting coz there are no commands added to CC.007 or the 3rd effects knob on deck B,
    but when I turn the knob, the volume fader of Deck goes up down. So, just for the curiosity,
    I deleted the mapping, added a fresh generic midi and without any command added, turned the
    knob, and the same thing happening..! man....

So, you guys are the experts, help will be truly appreciated..

Thanks again.
    Shayne.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post

Hey...guess I made a mistake by addressing you as padi_04 ...sorry Stewe...

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Does it get fixed if any of the 8 knobs is at 0%?

Sounds odd but this is what we used to do in order to identify units with the hardware bug known as "teatime" where knobs would start sending mixed values and interfere with each other.

I'd be amazed if one of those units is still around but you lose nothing by trying this. If it is indeed affected by the bug, open a support ticket with NI and they will replace the faulty unit.
    Hi padi_04,

Thanks for the advice man...I tried your instructions as well...with a bit of anticipation if I may add...
    but ...nothing is happening. Just the no.3 effects know moving as I did. But as soon as I go to midi
    mode, the volume fader is going up/down as I move the knob...

Sorry to bug you guys, but I would truly appreciate any advice and hope this is not a hardware problem.

Thanks so much.
    Shahab.