Best Music Festival? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Schalenberg

Been there, done that. Kandy kid free zone would be fantastic.

Schalenberg

Tech Guru

Evening all... never very helpful I know, but Glastonbury - best festival in the World, hands down...

but House Music wise, in a couple of w'ends, but again UK based, but check the lineup, a who's who of House:

http://www.easternelectrics.com/lineup/full-lineup
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

IMHO Movement Detroit is the best festival in America, however, definitely not for the kind of music you're looking for.
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by nudedudewithattitude View Post
    I've been to several music festivals (Ultra, Lolla, Bonnaroo), but nothing that really catered to my musical taste. Where in the US can I find a festival designated mostly to Deep/Garage/Acid House, Disco, Nu-Disco? Sure, Ultra is probably the most common answer, but that event is so commercial nowadays. Any recommendations?
    Not a major festival (yet), but my own effort here in Portland - closerpdx.com - has a big focus on the genres you like. We had our 3rd year this past June, and it was just an amazing success. 4 nights, 8 venues. We are lucky to have a great and mature scene here in town, and have earned a lot of support from all the local crews. One of the nights of the main event this past saturday was dedicated to all things deep, and one of our partner events focused on midtempo nu-disco, atmospheric disco, midtempo, and other related styles. We had a couple killer live acidhouse sets played in what we called the "Portland rising talents" stage.

Friday night we had a more techno-oriented lineup with John Tejada, Masa Ueda, Brian Zentz, and some very talented local support. Saturday night was mostly deep house - Lars Behrenroth, Monty Luke, The Beat Broker, and myself along with some other great local support.

http://www.closerpdx.com

Maybe consider it for your US festival plans next year.

Nude Photo Music - "Music for Dancers and Lovers"
    www.nudephotomusic.com
    Out Now: NPM10013 - Darin Marshall "Monument Remixed"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12