The Gear Freaks on Amazon: Don't Buy From Them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default The Gear Freaks on Amazon: Don't Buy From Them

I just wanted to warn all of you guys about The Gear Freaks on Amazon. I don't think they have an actual storefront, but they sell through Amazon.

I bought a Reloop Contour Interface Edition (or what I thought I bought), but I was sent a controller edition. I sent them an email and got a return label. I thought all was good, and I would get my money back. I actually completely forgot about the refund until 4 days after they had already received the product back from. Sent them some emails asking them for a refund, and I finally got a response after I filed a claim with Amazon stating that they would begin the refund process. 5 days after the claim (10 days after they received the returned item) and still no refund. They've actually stopped responding to my emails completely now. I'm hoping Amazon will get me my money back.

Don't want any of you guys to fall into the same situation as me.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Got my fingers crossed mate.

Tech Mentor

It took me 10ish days (maybe longer) to get my refund from an amazon seller, and I'm 100% sure that the seller processed the refund as soon as he got the item.

Is it going to a bank or debit card? That could take longer because they have to credit the account, and that has to clear (from what I understand). Amazon taking their time + your bank taking their time = you waiting for your money.

Give 'em a little more time before you freak out too much. These things take time to process Especially in quite a few small businesses that don't have a "returns department" of any sort.

-muffintop

ps. fingers crossed

Tech Guru

Nah, I know he's not processing it because it was a split payment with Amazon credit + debit card. Credit should have been returned immediately. I understand the bank account taking a while.

Either way, he should be replying to my messages.

it takes up to 7 days for amazon to wait on the seller to reply to the claim. After the 7 days, Amazon will attempt to directly charge the seller the refund amount and then issue the refund to you. The whole process takes betweekn 1 to 2 weeks.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

Yup, that's what the CS rep I talked to at Amazon said. 1 more week..

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Credit should have been returned immediately.
    That's not how the payment systems work. Even after they process the return it can take up to 5 business days for a credit to post.

Tech Guru

I've bought stuff from Amazon and had the credit posted back immediately. The debit card took a bit longer though.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    I've bought stuff from Amazon and had the credit posted back immediately. The debit card took a bit longer though.
    Not if it was a credit return. Bank transactions do not occur in real time.

Credits take at minimum overnight while waiting for the banks to batch out at the end of the day. 1-3 business days is most common and it can sometimes take 4-5. Your situation is not at all uncommon given the time frame so far.

Tech Guru

No, it's not credit card. This is Amazon credit. Like a gift card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast