s4 led problems..
    Tech Convert

Default s4 led problems..

hi, i cant find any info on this anywhere so ive decided to ask you guys. ive just purchased a traktor s4 controller second hand and bought it home, set it up and soon as i turn it on the 4 cue buttons on the b deck are lit up bright green and stay that way the whole time, the buttons work but the lights stay the same. also the play cue sync and shift buttons on the same side dont light up when pressed on the b deck, the seller says this didnt happen at his house..
    any ideas to why this is happening.. or is the seller not being truthfull
    thanks

Did you get the latest drivers?
    Are you using a legal copy of Traktor?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Did you get the latest drivers?
    Are you using a legal copy of Traktor?
    Well at the moment I'm just using to demo version as I'm waiting for the license to get transferred to me
    , and I'm pretty sure I have the latest drivers I downloaded it from the ni website yesterday..

Ok, when turning everything on, did you first turn on the S4 then start Traktor?
    If so, then I would reinstall the drivers and see if that fixes it. If not, try it in that order to see if it helps.

Also do not have the S4 plugged into the computer untill after the drivers are installed.

If these suggestions don't help........
    Are you in the US? If so, you could call NI's tech line for help.

Tech Convert

Yea I did, I plunged it in before I had the drivers installed I've tried removing the driver and re installing it, didn't change anything. I also tried removing the traktor pro program as well as the drivers and try installing again..
    I've seen a couple of questions on various sites regarding something similar to what's happening to me, but they are always unanswered..
    And I'm from Australia

Tech Convert

Even when I just turn the controller on at the back the four green cue lights are on..

Well sorry none of that helped! I would go over to NI's sight and open up a support ticket. Not sure if you need to have your software registered first though. Good luck!

Tech Convert

No worries thank you for your help!!