DJ Guitar Performance
    Tech Wizard

Default DJ Guitar Performance

Straight to business.

Hello guys. It has been a while! I have noticed my self been more devoted in to the performance issues, which in my opinion has been greatly underestimated by many djs, thus, the physical performance (no matter how awesome the set my be) has been very stiff and shallow. Absolutely useless. At best, the dj might wave his hands and even bother to look towards the audience!

The technical aspect or discussions about controllers, software, equipment has been generally already backed up, yet, sharing ideas to spice up the performance it self, has been totally missed out and all that is left is technically skillful performances yet no sense of physical style or choreograph. This video works as an introduction to a new way of looking at things.

"A fresh and new video and exploration of the future of dj live performance. The investigation of unknown regions. Part 2 contains Live electronic guitar solo performance combined with Traktor S4 . Hand made plugins to make the job work. The rest is my little secret."

Track List.
    1.808 optimus & Klem Kaan - Space School (Work_In_Progress)
    2.Manuel De La Mare & Marshall - Tam Tam (Original Mix)
    3.Manuel De La Mare & Marshall - Tam Tam (Klem_Kaan_Mini_remix)
    4.LazerHawk - King Of Streets (Klem_Live_Solo_Edit)
    5.Epilogue drumming by Mikael Kosmos

To make my self look even more "pro" please visit.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Klem-...7466207?ref=hl

You can find About section here.
    www.klemkaan.com

No need to comment, just watch. I directed, edited, produced music, played guitar and performed. Watch the video as a whole. Maybe you will get inspired to create an even better video or maybe not.
    Last edited by padi_04; 07-22-2013 at 09:01 AM. Reason: merge

Tech Wizard

I enjoyed the video but I don't think the idea is too special. It's been done with a whole variety of instruments, saxophones and violins to name 2. However, what would be pretty neat is if you would use your guitar to modulate the FX or even the track itself.

Now I'm no expert on this, but you could probably make a Max patch that would transform audio signals to MIDI, which you can use with Traktor. Alternatively you could get the audio from the guitar hooked up to a vocoder in something like Ableton Live, with the audio from Traktor streaming into that as well. Granted, it would take quite a bit of processing power and latency might be (probably is) an issue too, but that would be pretty cool.

Also, I'm really digging the tracks up to part two in the video. I'd love to use them in my own DJ sets as well!

Tech Wizard

Pleb! I know exactly where u are getting at with your comment, and yes, the only problem is the latency indeed! I have done some alternative tricks with my combinations but it became simply too multitasking, which would keep me focused only towards the technology, preventing me to rejoice the moment with the audience! I really enjoyed your feedback, tough we were pretty much on the same page. The video is also very focused on the performance as a whole. That is my one and only defense!

So we got that covered up! The track in the beginning and remix are a work in progress. I guess I should finish them... The rest can be found trough enough searching. Guaranteed! I will let you know If I ever finish my tracks. My current soundcloud page is here with only few tracks yet more guitar solos. :P

There are hidden tracks introduced trough my videos. Videos are mostly shot in Helsinki Finland.

https://soundcloud.com/klem-kaan

Klem Kaan from Finland

Ps:And my deep thanks to tech tools for their great tips which I was greatly following in the beginning of this dj thing.

loving the set! yes i do it too. i keep my bass hidden behind the booth for most of my sets. then if i feel the song strike me i will whip it out and start jammin! it totally blows away the audience.

Tech Wizard

Very nice to hear mister 031999. I would love to see a video or hear your set with the bass. It seems that outside Finland so much stuff is going on! Well, tough the video turned out to be old fashioned, AT LEAST Finland got some degree of attention haha. XD

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Is that your track at the start of the last video, I really like it a LOT. Is it available?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Is that your track at the start of the last video, I really like it a LOT. Is it available?
    In fact I just released some preview material of up coming 2014 releases. Btw I have not been absolutely active in tech tools forums but there was a time when a great amount of information was absorbed from this site and helped me establish my self as a dj producer REALLY really fast. Due to this I find it comfortable to end up here once in a while and share some stuff. I can not be THAT bad to be avoided!

https://soundcloud.com/klem-kaan/kle...igners_preview