Time Code Calibration Failure Traktor Scratch Pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Time Code Calibration Failure Traktor Scratch Pro

What up yall,

Im new to this forum and I bet there is something already written on this but maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I just purchased Traktor Scratch Pro with A6 soundcard to use with my Traktor S4 and Technics Mk5 and Mk3's. I am also using Shure M447 needles with Technics headshells. Traktor Scratch up to date with 2.6.2

Everything works good for like twenty minutes and then calibration fails on one deck and right away the other deck fails too. Calibration will stop working and all I get is white fuzz and red warning saying record or needle failure.I t wont calibrate until i restart Traktor and then it happens again.

The vinyl I am using are MK2 black vinyl as well I also got some Red MK2 vinyl as well and it fails with that too. What could it be? The needles work well when i set Traktor S4 input to thru, i have used regular vinyl fine no problems. Any recommendations would be great!

Screen Shot 2013-07-23 at 4.22.41 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-07-23 at 4.22.49 PM.jpg
    Last edited by djaztlan; 07-23-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Tech Guru

Given that you own two scratch sound cards (A6+S4), do you get the same problem with both?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Given that you own two scratch sound cards (A6+S4), do you get the same problem with both?
    I have only used it with the S4 since I use it as my mixer, I havn't used it with A6 yet, I am waiting on my friend to get back from vacation to get my mixer back from him.

needles making good contact to tonearm? maybe clean inside of tone arm socket with eraser and wet headshell before inserting.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by P4ULSON View Post
    needles making good contact to tonearm? maybe clean inside of tone arm socket with eraser and wet headshell before inserting.
    I have not, given that I bought these two technics used, its probably a good idea to make sure the arm sockets are clean. Thanks! I will try this and see if I have any changes.

Are your TT's internally grounded (mod)? One of my Technics was poorly grounded internally by the previous owner and that was causing my TSP2 to randomly fail calibration. Desoldered the ground wire and restored it to its original condition. Connected it to the mixers ground like its supposed to be and never had problems with timecode since.
    TSP2|MFSPECTRA|TECHNICS1200MK2/M3D|WIN764BIT
    MASCHINESTUDIO|KNTRLZ2|KNTRLX1MK2|KNTRLF1|DICERS|V-MODA

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by P4ULSON View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fokaisnake View Post
    Are your TT's internally grounded (mod)? One of my Technics was poorly grounded internally by the previous owner and that was causing my TSP2 to randomly fail calibration. Desoldered the ground wire and restored it to its original condition. Connected it to the mixers ground like its supposed to be and never had problems with timecode since.
    I was just thinking this my TT's are internally grounded but look a little worn out. I was going to test them also with a voltage regulator to see if they are getting good connection. i might just upgrade them soon. Will work on them this weekend and see what I find. Thanks.

Tech Convert

Update**

I tried cleaning the inside of the tone arms and remembered that I replaced one tone arm recently brand new. The other I believe is original. I cleaned the tone arm connectors, the needles, and headshells are brand new on the TTs. I checked the wires make sure I didnt mix them up, they are fine.

I want to change the RCA's one looks very old and flimsy while the other RCA's are higher quality but one looks like one wire was bent and put back in place. I also added some pics to my original post to show what is happening.

I will try to change RCA's this weekend, got to look in my brothers storage for his solder machine. Will keep you posted, thanks for all the advice.

good stuff technics are one of the easier tables to to service let us know how it goes not to difficult. Did you have problems soldering the tiny tone arm wires? did you use a Ohm meter to test if the wire is good and there's not a break btw since your tables are apart might as well change the L.E.D.s and recalibrate the pitch fader.

This is pretty basic so there's a good chance you've already checked it, but most of the timecode issues I've encountered have come from dust on the stylus; if you haven't already, try cleaning your stylus with the brush your carts came with. In theory it shouldn't be a ground issue since usually the ground symbol (if you're not familiar, it's red with 3 lines sort of shaped like an inverted triangle) will show up when you're having an issue with grounding, and a ground issue would be pretty apparent when you play regular vinyl. It's also possible your carts are old or damaged, so you might try another cartridge if all else fails to see if that helps anything.

Finally, have a look in your manual for the section on timecode troubleshooting; I don't have mine handy but the section on the right side of your deck that shows your timecode signal can be helpful for diagnosing issues like this. The scope, when everything is working properly, shouldn't have that line running through the middle. It makes me think loose connection or possibly crosstalk between your channels, but then it is kind of odd that you'd have the same issue on both tables...

Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast