Kate Stone: DJ decks made of... paper - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Brings me back to childhood when I'd make DJ consoles out of shoe boxes .... only this time around they would actually work!

God the potential is unreal and really the objects you could print on are only limited by the imagination.

Now if they could figure how to create blank areas where tactile controls could be connected in place alongside the touch controls, and we could have a VERY cost effective method of creating custom controllers with the best of everything.
    Last edited by deevey; 07-25-2013 at 09:15 AM.

I'm thinking about what you could do with this kind of tech and a 3D printer. embedding conductive ink or what ever it is into custom made surfaces could spell the end of hunting around for that perfect MIDI controller.

What about control vinyl that have sample and cue point launching stickers? I think Serato/Traktor should be jumping on this quickly!!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Carr View Post
    I'm thinking about what you could do with this kind of tech and a 3D printer. embedding conductive ink or what ever it is into custom made surfaces could spell the end of hunting around for that perfect MIDI controller.

What about control vinyl that have sample and cue point launching stickers? I think Serato/Traktor should be jumping on this quickly!!
    Go a step further and add motion sensing to the control unit and you don't even need styli just a spinning disc with touch sensitive buttons.

Perhaps some kind of plug-on overlay control unit over the center of the "vinyl "that could be used on whatever layout you print/buy

next innovation? cool
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

Tech Guru

Dr Stone (Yes, DOCTOR) is transgender, just for everyone wondering.

Fantastic invention, applications are practically unlimited, from musical to handing out fliers that spam the persons phone with messages. Imagine, touching your magazines and then a video relating to the picture just pops up on your phone.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Dr Stone (Yes, DOCTOR) is transgender, just for everyone wondering.
    Yeah I guess nobody picked up on that, or bothered to check when I posted the "That's a man baby" Austin Powers video.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12