Traktor Malfunction??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor Malfunction??

I don't know if this is a malfunction, or maybe something got set without me knowing? I can't click the stripe... When I try and click anywhere in the stripe to jump to that point in the track it just restarts the track... Anyone have any idea what is going on?

All the sudden it started working again now... This is the type of shit that scares me.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Traktor does exactly that when the track is not analysed. You sure the track was analysed Lance?

Tech Convert

Default Traktor Malfunction

Hi.

Ive never experienced that problem, but here is a few ideas on how to troubleshoot you're problem.

0. Restart your computer
    1. Locate the original file. Copy and Rename it to a new location.
    2. Locate the file in traktor, delete from library and computer.
    3. Locate new renamed file.
    4. Right click, properties, details, remove properties and personal information. Click where it says- Create a copy with all possible details removed.
    5. Drag new file into Itunes or your default library collection.
    6. Drag from library into traktor.
    7. Analyze the track
    8. Check to see if it works. If not, check for traktor updates
    8.5 - Try loading another song to see if the problem still occurs
    8.75 - Check to see if the file has the wrong format at the end of it, i.e MP3, AIFF, FLAC etc
    8.8724- Right click the track and click check compatibility
    9. If no updates are available, click preferences, click export, click export and save your current traktor settings.
    10. Click wizard, choose your options (2 decks 2 remix decks etc)
    11. If still doesnt work. Try crying really hard and talking bad things to the song and how much you wished you could play it.
    12. Ask Jeeves, he knows more than us

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Traktor does exactly that when the track is not analysed. You sure the track was analysed Lance?

Yes, I tried it with multiple tracks. When my tracks aren't analyzed there is no stripe at all. But it has somehow fixed itself for now at least....

But something is wrong with my Traktor still. I still cannot analyze tracks by highlighting them and importing them to the collection. And all my settings are right. I am just worried that eventually something major is going to go wrong.

Tech Convert

Default hi

Are you sure the 'Analyze new imported tracks' check box is checked under preferences > file management?

You should run some consistency reports to see whats up after you make a few changes.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    I don't know if this is a malfunction, or maybe something got set without me knowing? I can't click the stripe... When I try and click anywhere in the stripe to jump to that point in the track it just restarts the track... Anyone have any idea what is going on?
    This happens to me as well. I have traktor open to full. When I load a track, I am not able to search through the track via mouse. When I click out of full page, then I am able to search through the track. I dont know if you're using DVS but I noticed that is when this problem occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by teachnologic View Post
    This happens to me as well. I have traktor open to full. When I load a track, I am not able to search through the track via mouse. When I click out of full page, then I am able to search through the track. I dont know if you're using DVS but I noticed that is when this problem occurs.
    hmmm... I will have to test that out. Thanks!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Lance are you on the latest 2.6.3 ?

I ask because I have looked into this and there have been some fixes regarding transients and stripes in 2.6.3.
    It seems that some tracks may have tracks that have not been analysed properly (hence the behaviour similar to non-analysed tracks I mentioned).

Reanalysing a track should help but there have been fixes made in 2.6.3 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnieMay View Post
    Are you sure the 'Analyze new imported tracks' check box is checked under preferences > file management?

You should run some consistency reports to see whats up after you make a few changes.
    Yes of course. I have been using Traktor for many years now. I didn't just start using it, and I have never changed the settings for analyzing the tracks. I have checked many many many times to make sure that checking and unchecking a million times wouldn't correct the issue. Something is just wrong with it on my MBP. Its frustrating, but I have learned to live with it. I have to individually drag each track to a deck to get them to analyze. I have a thread here on DJTT about this already...

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Lance are you on the latest 2.6.3 ?

I ask because I have looked into this and there have been some fixes regarding transients and stripes in 2.6.3.
    It seems that some tracks may have tracks that have not been analysed properly (hence the behaviour similar to non-analysed tracks I mentioned).

Reanalysing a track should help but there have been fixes made in 2.6.3 anyway.
    I haven't updated it yet since I had a gig over the weekend I didn't want to risk screwing with anything. I will update in the next few days though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast