CDJ 1000 MK3 > Traktor Pro, Timecode control
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CDJ 1000 MK3 > Traktor Pro, Timecode control

Hi guys,

I have a few simple questions for the CDJ 1000 MK3, Traktor users.
    Currently I'm playing on a DJM 800 / CDJ 1000 MK3 setup with CD's. I want to try out a new set up with a Macbook pro, Traktor NI Audio 10 and Traktor (scratch) pro > with the DJM 800 & CDJ MK3's. Before I buy the Traktor NI Audio 10, I'd like to know a few things:

When I'm using timecode CD's, am I able to see and save cue points which I set up in traktor?
    So when I'm going to a gig with, let's say, 3 cue points in a track, am I able to use them as with other midi controllers?

Can I still see the waveform of a track in my CDJ 1000 MK3 when playing with timecode CD's?

Is there a certain latency or delay in the CDJ 1000 MK3? If yes, is it bearable (in comparison with the regular CD mode)?

When I record a mix with the integrated traktor function, will traktor pickup all the effects & other movements made with the CDJ & the DJM 800 when assuming I've correctly setup the DJM 800, CDJ 1000 MK3's & NI Audio 10?

>>>
    Any answers are very much apreciated. Looking for clear answers for the questions above for a long time now. People couldn't give me exact answers until now.

Cheers,
    Jerome

1. As long as you set them in Traktor and not on the CDJs, yes.
    2. No.
    3. There will always be latency when you use Traktor but with a fast enough computer it will not be a problem.
    4. Yes.

1210s - DJM-909 - MBP 13" - A6 - http://martinoscarsson.com

When I'm using timecode CD's, am I able to see and save cue points which I set up in traktor?
    So when I'm going to a gig with, let's say, 3 cue points in a track, am I able to use them as with other midi controllers?

Only if you actually HAVE another midi controller. Cueing doesn't work with Timecode, and you can't even set cuepoints using the Cue button (or start the track properly with the play button); you have to slip-cue like on Vinyl.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeromekem View Post
    When I record a mix with the integrated traktor function, will traktor pickup all the effects & other movements made with the CDJ & the DJM 800 when assuming I've correctly setup the DJM 800, CDJ 1000 MK3's & NI Audio 10?
    Yes but..you would need to connect your mixer's booth/main out to one of the Audio 10's inputs (with a RCA cable) and set Traktor to record that input.

In my opinion, using CDJ's to play timecode is like going to a hooker for a hug
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    In my opinion, using CDJ's to play timecode is like going to a hooker for a hug
    ROFL. This.
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    ROFL. This.
    So rude, don't make me cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    So rude, don't make me cry.
    That response from SlayForMoney was SO funny I had to screencap and tweet it

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Cueing doesn't work with Timecode, and you can't even set cuepoints using the Cue button (or start the track properly with the play button); you have to slip-cue like on Vinyl.
    Didn't realise this for a while, but you can cue properly in Absolute timecode mode. Relative is the mode that suffers from poor cueing.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Didn't realise this for a while, but you can cue properly in Absolute timecode mode. Relative is the mode that suffers from poor cueing.
    Hmmmm we tried Absolute the last time I was helping someone set up their A10, and it was the same issue... about a half-beat delay between pressing cue/play and the track actually starting; with Snap off, it'd actually create a cuepoint on mid-beat.

Tech Guru

I tried Absolute just recently after it was suggested by others here, and it worked far better than Relative. I can give it another try tomorrow to be sure.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast