So came across this while looking for a headunit for my gf car...

Default So came across this while looking for a headunit for my gf car...

I am pissed. Pioneer can charge 2000$ for a CDJ and their head units have "DJ fx", scroll and wave forms and its 260 is the 350 for the most expensive. Hmm didnt know a jog wheel was 1650$

Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Surprisingly this isnt something odd to me, I've often told my freinds about the brand new CDJs and they ask what this 2000$ CD Player can do. I generally find my self exhausting a list of trivial things.

Tech Mentor

They have a (near) monopoly over the CDJ market, hence they can charge whatever they like.

There are plenty of other big players in the car stereo market, so the price is determined for them.

Tech Guru

It comes down to status and image, both in and out of the community. I know i've personally thought to myself when I see someone using CDJ 2000's that they must be doing well to be able to justify buying those.

Tech Mentor

Yeah it's a shame they are so expensive. Even the CDJ-2000's feel cheap and lack ingenuity. You definitely pay for the name.

Pioneer is one of the top players in the Head unit game as well though. However most of their high end units have more features than a CDJ does and even have high-res flip out displays... for half the price!

But also keep in mind they also sell WAY more head units than they do CDJ's. So they have to inflate the CDJ price to keep up the margins.

'yeeeeah driving my car and i didn't bother to put one of my own mixes on a CD, so ima do it in the car. Press Mix, im in the mix! look! waveforms, FX. Press Mix im in oncoming traffOHSHI-'
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

god damn that add looks pathetic and ugly! they definitely have different marketing departments and budgets to the dj line.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Convert

Are these safe? I need more distractions while driving...