Serato Scratch Live RGB & Maschine MK2 HSB SOLUTION?

Default Serato Scratch Live RGB & Maschine MK2 HSB SOLUTION?

If you haven't been paying attention Serato Scratch Live now supports RGB MIDI feedback. The Native Instruments Maschine MK2 doesn't support RGB, instead it uses HSB. This is a shame because Maschine, IMHO, is the ultimate controller to compliment traditional vinyl DJing.

Why doesn't Serato feedback work with the MK2? I'm not entirely sure WHY but the short story is that RGB isn't the same as HSB. Serato RGB it seems is handled by a single MIDI message while the MK2's HSB requires three individual MIDI messages.

So how do we Serato DJ's use the new MIDI feedback with our MK2s? My guess is we don't. At least not without some hackery.

Would anyone want to work with me in this post to use something like MIDI Translator to convert the data?

First we work on the basics of the on/off state feedback - 0 for off and 127 for on kind of thing. Second we work on translating RGB to HSB - I have no idea how that would work. Then we work on getting on/off feedback to RGB to HSB.

No one interested in helping? Damn but not shocking.

Tech Convert

Hey dude, I don't use Serato but do you have MIDI Out options there?

I just recorded 2 videos on how the HSB stuff works but it is for Traktor:

If you tell me what Serato sends out, I can surely write a little tool for that! But I would need 2 testers for MAC and Windows as I don't own a copy of Serato on either system.