Manual beatmatching with VCI-100 SE?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Manual beatmatching with VCI-100 SE?

Hey Guys.

Soon i'll be off to college and i need to take a controller with me. I'm using TSP and so far only have the Xone 1D (for DVS use alongside my cdj's).

I really need a compact controller to mix internally and quite like the VCI-100 SE but it depends if the pitch fadars are accurate enough to manually beatmatch with. I don't want to loose the skill as one day i may return to using TSP with my cdj's.

I do fancy the Vestax TR-1 but i also like pitch bending a track by nudging some type of jog dial to get it tight.

Could the VCI-100 SE be the one for me? I will of course make use of TP's effects.
    Last edited by kenty; 09-20-2009 at 05:08 AM.

You can adjust the sensitivity of the pitch fader to whatever you want. Very fine to very broad.

If you dont want to use the sync button you dont have to... you will though

I hear what you're saying though. To be honest, sync is a bit hit and miss anyway so you need to know how to do it manually too imo.

Nice one
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Yeah I do it when sync is whacking out on me. As djmaxone noted, you can adjust the sensitivity to whatever you want, and the jog wheel works fine for pitch bend.
    Balls of Steel
    DJ/Producer
    SoundCloud | Twitter | Website

yeah

syncing is always a bit touchy even with well beatgridded songs and becomes even harder if the song drifts or has changes so its always best to be able to manually do it too.

My prefered method is to have the overall pitch range set to +/- 35 (i'd prefer 20 or 16 but they dont have that option and 10 is a bit too small for me). I then have keyboard shortcuts set up that jump up and down in steps of 2.2 and the pitchfader set up so its max and min is about +/- 3.5 or so in very fine steps. So i can use keyboard shortcuts to get into the ballpark and then use the pitch fader to dial it in exactly.

Some people also like to have a layer set up that turns their jog wheel into a pitch fader control so they can adjust it that way as well, thats the advantage of a VCI in that you can program it whatever way works best for you

k

Tech Mentor

Thanks for your replies guys

This seems like a very flexible tool!

Yeah, the outer clear plastic rim of the jog wheels work for a bit of jogging / pitch bending and then when you touch the middle section of the platter it works like a cdj/vinyl.
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

yes it is, but given enough time and patience with mapping! it's actually not for everyone (VCI 100 demands, kinda geeky support to take advantage of it).
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Tech Wizard

Yeah, just as Kupujte, it is a VERY powerful tool and can be modified to really anything you can put our head around. So i would give it a shot if you can, if you look around at some of eans & moldovers early videos you will see the capabilities of this monster!

Tech Mentor

One thing that may take some time getting used to is having the pitch range set up differentely. Do some of you guys wish the VCI had longer fadars?

I have my tempo set pretty fine. I'm not that into playing tunes either very pitched up or down (in general). So hitting sync gets me close then i use the pitch fader to adjust to perfection.

If im mixing between tunes that are pretty different tempos then i tend to do a delay / freeze trick kind of like the one ean does in this thread:

http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/07/0...ms-seamlessly/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast