American DJ Mega Par Profile System Question

Default American DJ Mega Par Profile System Question

Hey all!

I am still in all the ruckus of designing my mobile light rig and I am currently picking my pars. The rest of my rig is basically set and it is all controlled via UC3. I am using the wireless kit for all that and all 4 outs are taken. For my pars I may not always want them by me and I may not always want just two stands. I have landed on the "American DJ Mega Par Profile System". It's wireless, it's well priced, and it's got a foot controller. Sweet. Now my question is, can I use just one foot controller for more than one stand? I cannot seem to find the answer in any of my other research, so i hope I can find some help here!

Thanks in advance!
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Just had a look at the manual, and it doesn't really seem to give you any information about the foot controller at all!! I would say that it's just using standard DMX though, so you should be able to chain from the last par of the first stand to the first par of the second stand. Just make sure you set the DMX addresses on the second bar par's to be the same as the first bar.

I would also say the the foot controller is probably not wireless. However, you could buy the optional RFC remote, and then wirelessly control it that way. The only problem with this is that all the pars would end up doing the same thing, I have no idea if the foot controller does chases or whatever for the 4 different pars.

Good choice of pars though! I have 4 of these and for uplighting and washing they do a pretty good job, considering the price!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

If you click the link you will see that the foot controller is wireless and I was hoping to avoid using cables (other than power) for these.

Tech Mentor

I don't see any indication that the foot switch is wireless in that link. It's likely wired and likely just like my Chauvet 4Bars. Connect the two fixtures via DMX and set them both to channel 1.

take a look on youtube and you will see it's not wireless
    this video shows it better then the official video from ADJ
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Wow! A much better video! Thank you! That tells me everything I need.

/thread