Help finding a mixer??
    Tech Wizard

Default Help finding a mixer??

I want a cheap analog mixer mostly just to have a backup in case my laptop dies i can just plug in my ipod or phone just to keep some music playing, or if somebody wants to play a song or just stupid little stuff like that.. It doesnt need to be fancy mostly just a couple line ins.. i have a 100$

Quote Originally Posted by Joey56 View Post
    I want a cheap analog mixer mostly just to have a backup in case my laptop dies i can just plug in my ipod or phone just to keep some music playing, or if somebody wants to play a song or just stupid little stuff like that.. It doesnt need to be fancy mostly just a couple line ins.. i have a 100$
    What gear are you using at the moment? Do you plan on running your current setup through this as well, or will this be connected separately to the soundboard/house mixer, etc?

More information please!
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Wizard

Im running an s2 with my laptop of course.. i plug into my alto 18 sub and use that as my crossover and then i have a couple alto 15's i would have to run my s2 into one of the mixer channels and then to the sub.. and i would also like 2 other input channels for a mic and an ipod

Quote Originally Posted by Joey56 View Post
    Im running an s2 with my laptop of course.. i plug into my alto 18 sub and use that as my crossover and then i have a couple alto 15's i would have to run my s2 into one of the mixer channels and then to the sub.. and i would also like 2 other input channels for a mic and an ipod
    http://www.juno.co.uk/products/behri...FbHKtAodmD0Aug

Here we go mate; less than $50 and will do exactly what you need it to

2 line ins, a microphone input, and a fixed gain AUX in/out; 4 different input methods in total.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Have a look at the new Gemini PS range, nice little analog mixer for no great frills/price. I use the PS4 with my 1210's but you might want to look at the PS2 or PS3 for what you are after.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gemini-PS2-P...item3cd32fa20c
    x2 Pioneer CDJ 1000mk3, NI Kontrol Z2, x2 Kontrol D2, Traktor 3, MacBook Pro & MacBook Air 2018

a xone 22 is my go between mixer. i mix into 1 side while someone can mix into the other side. and the sound quality is outstanding and the headroom is great. (which is important for a go between)

Tech Guru

I heard the Xone 22 has a significant noise floor vs a digital mixer, and I wouldn't want to add that into the chain unnecessarily.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

i have heard that too, but i heard you could really only hear it in the headphones, or when its turned up ALL the way. to be honest i have never turned up any mixer ALL the way. Its part of my gain stage so the sound coming from my pioneer mixer is coming in pretty hot, so really no need to push the xone past 75% gain. But when mixing between 2 dj's that FILTER is super lush and the eq is just amazing.

If you want a cheap backup mixer, just get a cheap backup mixer. They sell them at almost all music supply stores.

Something like: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringe...53-i1153499.gc

Something like that would serve a couple purposes. Yeah it doesn't have a crossfader, but you can use it to connect to the outputs to your speakers/sound and then just have anyone with any equipment just plug into it.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    a xone 22 is my go between mixer. i mix into 1 side while someone can mix into the other side. and the sound quality is outstanding and the headroom is great. (which is important for a go between)
    I'm with you on the 22, haven't regretted it once. And no I have absolutely no noise issues either.