Camel Phat for Dnb Reese Basslines

Thumbs up Camel Phat for Dnb Reese Basslines

Anyone used camel phat here ?
    I have had it sitting on my hard drive for a while but only recently started giving it a go, can say that i am very impressed.

From the Camel website: http://www.camelaudio.com/camelphat.php

CamelPhat is the ultimate phattening processor! A powerful 'colouring' multi-effect that's been specially engineered to work wonders on guitar, bass and drums, adding warmth, punch and presence wherever they're required.

Four characteristically different distortion effects are included, which can be used separately or blended together to create an endless variety of tones.

The unique 'Magic EQ' enhances the low end like nothing else - it's the perfect kick drum sweetener! Add to that an easy-to-use analogue-modelled compressor, three resonant filters, two LFOs and an envelope follower, and you've got one seriously phat package!
    Seems to work really really well on dnb basslines, i have 3 instances of camel phat running on this bassline, its handling all the distortion and filtering - i think it sounds quite decent personally. The original bass is a very very simple patch made in NI massive, just a couple different sawtooth oscilators with 6x uniso w/ pitch cuttoff turned on to make a fat reese tone.

All the effects are handled in FL studio, there is some slight reverb on there, a slight chorus effect, FL's luvly waveshaper, a little EQ and Maximus which is a sick multiband compressor with a really nice sound to it - but the magic is really happening in the instances of camel phat where i am applying distortion to specific frequency bands and have some major filter automation happening - most of which is conrolled by FL's wiked automation system but there is a little LFO action happening in camel phat too to add a bit of movement to the high end.

Want to have a listen ? Here is my first serious project using camel phat, i just started the other day - ill think i will continue to work on this track until i have fleshed it out to a full track, feedback is welcome - http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/Ben...20Goodness.mp3

Tech Guru

oh no shit, i have this installed but still haven't tried it out yet wasn't even too sure what it does. I only nabbed it because I was a fan of Camelspace. thanks for sharing i'm really interested in giving this thing a go now, sounds like a very powerful tool . sick demo btw!

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    sick demo btw!
    Thanks dude, glad you liked it

Tech Wizard

Yeah i have heard LOADS of good things about camel phat and also camel space... Lots of guys like the Benassi bros, Matti Schwartz and i think even ATB talk about this plug. They got some seriously powerful plugs going on there across the pond! But i really like your sample u had going!

That track is sounding shit hot.. get it finished dude!

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Yeah bro give me more!

srsly that drop on the track was sick. get back at us with the finished product!
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

I use camel phat / space with both my PC and Mac.

I really love how it effects the sound of productions!
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .