What DJ Controller to buy?
    Tech Convert

Default What DJ Controller to buy?

I wanting to buy a dj controller but I can't decide on what to buy. My budget is £400, but I could stretch to £500.
    I wanting the dj contoller to have the following specifications:

1. Traktor Pro 2 / Traktor Pro 2 Mappings Available ( software doesn't have to be included, but would be better )
    2. CDJ support / Standalone mixer ( I intend to buy CDJ's in the future )
    3. Good quality build throughout ( faders, knobs, buttons, jog wheels etc )
    4. Built in sound driver, so I plug and play.
    5. USB Powered ( not essential )
    6. Amazing sound quality. ( I won't settle for 2rd best )
    7. Great functionality to control, cue, FX, Loop etc ( easy to control )

i have the Numark 4Trak and i absolutely love it, no problems with it, great build quality and sound, 4 deck control or 2 deck and remix deck control depending on your mapping, no USB powered, can be used as a stand alone mixer BUT is not able to send time code to traktor

comes with Traktor 4Trak edition

Tech Convert

You can also look for Hercules DJ 4set..it is pretty affordable than the others and is great on quality..i haven't used it but did a bit of research and found this one the best..you can get it from online stores which may even cost you less than your budget.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by LiamRD View Post
    I wanting to buy a dj controller but I can't decide on what to buy. My budget is £400, but I could stretch to £500.
    I wanting the dj contoller to have the following specifications:

1. Traktor Pro 2 / Traktor Pro 2 Mappings Available ( software doesn't have to be included, but would be better )
    2. CDJ support / Standalone mixer ( I intend to buy CDJ's in the future )
    3. Good quality build throughout ( faders, knobs, buttons, jog wheels etc )
    4. Built in sound driver, so I plug and play.
    5. USB Powered ( not essential )
    6. Amazing sound quality. ( I won't settle for 2rd best )
    7. Great functionality to control, cue, FX, Loop etc ( easy to control )
    To tick all the boxes realistically you are looking at spending a good deal more than your budget on something like a Vestax VCI-400.

To tick MOST of the boxes get an S4 (Can accept CDJ's as DVS however cannot be used fully standalone e.g. without a computer)

The soundcard in both the Numark and Hercules mentioned are "ok" at best.

Sorry dude, but you are looking for a Ferrari on a Ford budget.

You could always look for second hand.

Reloop Jockey 3 ticks all of those boxes except power - it requires a mains PSU to power the standalone mixer (this is likely to be true for anything standalone).
    If you use a Mac then its plug & play, but for PC you need to install ASIO drivers first.

Also, sound quality is usually relative to budget. The more you have, the better you can get.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Also just an idea, but if you are going to buy CDJ's in the future, why not look at something like the Z2 .. no Jogwheels, but you would have plenty of controls to mix with until you get your CDJ's, and you'll have timecode and remix deck support and top notch sound quality and Traktor in the box.
    Last edited by deevey; 08-12-2013 at 04:17 AM.

Default Traktor Fan

Traktor Kontrol S2/S4 is the Way to go with traktor, yes the other controllers may have mappings but none have such tight integration with the software as this controller, i currently have it, the only downside is on a pc, it may experience audio drops just running standard, you might have to mess with the latency and turn off wifi, but the sound quality is amazing, knobs perfect, buttons very responsive, and the size and weight for what it comes with is amazing.