Equipment help

Thread: Equipment help

Default Equipment help

Hello guys
    Believe me that i've been reading alot and also watching some youtube videos on this subdject.
    (The majority just talk about what a dj setup should have, not the models that i should go)

I was just on my learning music production journey and suddendly a DJ oportunity came.
    Yes guys, im buying my first dj setup and need your help

I want a mixer and 2 cd plyer
    I have no budget, but the cheaper , the better ( counting with the quality )

If you guys can't name me some, please let me know the functions it should have for a beginner like me, i don't want to already buy like one pioneer super DJ model, i will be lost on so many functions

I prefer to start low but with a good learning start and then be updating my setup...

Thank you guys

edit:

I might go for cdj 200 but i didn't decide yet, I don't really know what a cd player should have beside a cue/play pause button and a "scratch wheel" so currently im more focus on the mixer.... Found 2 for 450 Euros = 594 USD
    The cdj 800 is a little expensive, i might go for it on the future, but the lower i start the better

Liked a lot the behringer djx700, found one for 120 euros = 158 USD
    But is 2nd hand and is missing one booth level button (I dont know what it is, important?)
    But as far as mixers I was impressed also by the pioneer djm 400 found one for 400 euros = 528 USD but this mixer has only 2 channels, should i go for it or for the behringer djx700?

Things are like this now:

CD Players: Not sure because i don't really know what a cd player can do! but maybe a cdj 200
    Mixer: Behringer djx700 or pioneer djm 400

I relly don't know what setup should i go since i don't know much about DJing , i just read and read..
    In terms of effects the two mxiers are very different?

Waiting to see you guys opinion

2x Numark NDX 400s and a Numark x6 mixer was my first setup. They taught me everything I needed to know. They were beat to shit and some of the buttons caved in but they kept working even though beer were spilled on them almost every gig (a lot of sweaty, ravey house parties). Looking back I never regretted those, although if I had a decent budget I wouldve went for some CDJ 350s with maybe a djm 700.
    Lenovo P580 || TSP2 || Traktor Z2 || 2x Audio-Technica AT-LP120 || Pioneer HDJ 1500 || Behringer B212D || http://www.mixcloud.com/Calzonetti/

Quote Originally Posted by Calzone View Post
    2x Numark NDX 400s and a Numark x6 mixer was my first setup. They taught me everything I needed to know. They were beat to shit and some of the buttons caved in but they kept working even though beer were spilled on them almost every gig (a lot of sweaty, ravey house parties). Looking back I never regretted those, although if I had a decent budget I wouldve went for some CDJ 350s with maybe a djm 700.
    Better numark ndx 400 or Pioneer cdj 200?