authenticity of tpro serial number
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default authenticity of tpro serial number

so i was chatting with a friend a few weeks ago and he was talking about how he was hanging out with a guy that said he was a rep for NI. my friend told me he was willing to give me a free copy of traktor, i told him i had it but if he wanted to give me tpro i would take that. so he sent me a serial number.
    my question is, who should i contact to see if the serial is genuine? im a bit anal on not using cracked keys and such. any ideas?

if your sceptical and unsure and haven't paid for it don't use, no lose then.

or ring NI and speak to them if your concerned about the situation?
    Last edited by BradCee; 09-20-2009 at 07:28 AM. Reason: cat sat on keyboard and hit reply for me

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I would say that this is dubious at the least. The Serial may not be a crack it may be a genuine serial registered to someone who is not aware that it is being shared.
    If i were you id check it out with NI Registration Support. They will be able to tell who the serial is registered to . Then NI can decide what to do from there.

If this guy is giving out a Registration number to a number of people your TPRO will be illegal and you may run into difficulties in the future with updates etc.

I have NEVER heard of people giving out Serial numbers and i genuinely work for Native Instruments.

I could be wrong but, the last person that should be giving out Free N.I. stuff is an N.I. Rep.

Tech Mentor

those were my thoughts as well. after i posted, i found the registration support form on NI. i just emailed them with the serial, see what they say. the reason i think it may be legit is the guy is my friends girlfriends cousin. sorta a long separation, but i think it might be legit. ill let you know what NI says.

Yeah cool , i mean if hes an NI Rep maybe he has the rights to give out some Serials ?
    I wouldnt say this is defo bullshit i just think that it sounds too good to be true.

NI employees sign all kinds of Agreements about not sharing/lending info/serials, you know the usual Employee stuff.

Hey i hope it is legit cus you got PRO for Free... Good Times.

Tech Mentor

yeah, its all none disclosure stuff. but i figure, if hes an NI rep (apparently one of the guys that does demos and workshops) he may have some serials that he can give out as like promotional stuff.. i donno. itll be cool to see if its legit.

Tech Mentor

Yeah, a friend gave me a copy of T. Pro which i suspect to be cracked. I am planning on buying a copy of Traktor Duo in the next paycheck or so, and then possibly T. Pro, depending on what my finances look like.

As a computer geek, I believe in supporting good code even if it means parting with my money.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

Tech Mentor

its true. im a decent c++ programmer (or at least i was a few years ago) so i know the amount of work that goes into these sorts of things.

Tech Mentor

Well thats a good way to get the guy the sack jeez LOL

If he is a rep its prob a serial to install on demo machines

WTF the guy did you a favor and you grass him up not good m8 its not like he was putting it up on a torrent

Each to his own but seriously think what you did ! should have kept stoom and be grateful he was helping you out NOT cracking code

I duno some people !

please excuse me I am having a very boring day
    Last edited by R2D2; 09-21-2009 at 10:02 AM.

Well now i thought exactly the same thing right from the beginning but i wasnt gonna suggest that cus .... well i work for NI so i couldnt give a crap if the guy gets sacked.
    They may give me his Rep job.

Still , the issue remains that if the Serial is registered to anyone else there could be issues down the line.

Lets see how this one plays out. Ooh the drama

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast