Beat Grids (The new Pioneer CDJ2000 / Traktor) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Just reading some info on the new Pioneer CDJ2000 and its 'record box' software..

I hope N.I develop something similar for Traktor!!??

"Beatgrid – Utilizing the new Quantizing feature, cue points and loops can be set perfectly on-beat. The Quantize feature ensures cue points are set accurately and automatically, correcting and syncing beats during manual looping or a real-time cueing, preventing off beat mistakes."
    No where there does it say that grids are set automaticly and accurately, your reading that incorrectly - it only ensures that cue points are loops set accurately (which would only be after you lay a grid down) - in Traktor if you set a tight grid up before hand and use the snap feature then your cue points and loops will always be perfect on beat.

So i was right when i said:

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Traktor has had these features this loooong before pioneer ever had it

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    No where there does it say that grids are set automaticly and accurately, your reading that incorrectly - it only ensures that cue points are loops set accurately (which would only be after you lay a grid down) - in Traktor if you set a tight grid up before hand and use the snap feature then your cue points and loops will always be perfect on beat.

So i was right when i said:
    Great minds type alike
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Here comes the bandwagon... Lets jump on it looks great... Oh its just another one like the last... Ill go back to Traktor then.

Traktor FTW. But Traktor costs 99$ , how fucking dare they charge that much for groundbreaking software. Fuck NI im going to buy some CDJ 2000s. Anyone know where i can sell a lung, a kidney and some bone marrow to pay for them...

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Here comes the bandwagon... Lets jump on it looks great... Oh its just another one like the last... Ill go back to Traktor then.

Traktor FTW. But Traktor costs 99$ , how fucking dare they charge that much for groundbreaking software. Fuck NI im going to buy some CDJ 2000s. Anyone know where i can sell a lung, a kidney and some bone marrow to pay for them...
    Hahahahahaha funny !!
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    I hope N.I develop something similar for Traktor!!??

"Beatgrid – Utilizing the new Quantizing feature, cue points and loops can be set perfectly on-beat. The Quantize feature ensures cue points are set accurately and automatically, correcting and syncing beats during manual looping or a real-time cueing, preventing off beat mistakes."
    The gridding functionallity will be similar to Traktor. If you have a strong beat, it will find it and grid to it. If you don't and it's something older, abstract, or freeflowing, then just like all software, it will fall short.

My question is how does one grid something in the middle of a set if they needed to? Or what if you wanted to move your loop on a CDJ.

I know how it would work. Here's and example.
    1) You take the USB storage device out of the CDJ(which BTW is located on the top left, right next to the crowd you're playing to. It would be like putting the CD tray facing the audience with a giant EJECT button that flashes. Somebody is going to steal the USB or punch it off, breaking the whole assembly)
    2) Pull out your laptop and plug in the USB device with all your music
    3) Find your track
    4) Move the loop or grid the track
    5) Put the USB device back in the CDJ.... OHH SHIT
    6) You just remembered that all of the decks were linked and running off the USB device that you pulled out. No music, game over.

Traktor can grid, set cue/loop points, and move loops efficiently within the software, while you play a set if needed. I still fail to see the benefit of a CDJ over the software solutions available.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Fuck Traktor. Too cheap. PIOqueer for the win!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123