Audio drop outs in Traktor

Default Audio drop outs in Traktor

Anyone ever have a problem where the audio drops out for a split second, maybe more?

I'm at a gig right now, just playing a playlist through iTunes, through my Kontrol S2 and I'm experiencing periodic audio drop outs.

I do have a lot of stuff plugged in, two wireless mics, 3 powered speakers, 4 lights.

Could this be caused by interference? Which cables are the most susceptible?

The USB cable for te S2 is totally isolated because I figured that would be the biggest culprit but it seems to keep happening.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Make sure your lap top is always on other circuit then the rest of equipment.

Turn off your wi-fi.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Make sure your lap top is always on other circuit then the rest of equipment.
    Different circuit as in a totally different outlet? Technically can't the outlets be connected to the same circuit too?

I don't know too much about electrical.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Turn off your wi-fi.
    Done.

I'm tethering my phone. Hope this helps.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I'm at a gig right now, just playing a playlist through iTunes, through my Kontrol S2 and I'm experiencing periodic audio drop outs.
    You mean you are using the itunes playlist within traktor ? Are the tracks already analyzed ? if not I'd say this is probably the culprit.

The USB cable for te S2 is totally isolated because I figured that would be the biggest culprit but it seems to keep happening.
    How do you mean isolated ?

If you are Tethering a phone is just as bad as using Wi-Fi/Bluetooth etc.., you should not be using unnecessary network or USB devices while you are gigging.

Tech Mentor

Isolating your laptop's power is not going to change anything.

There are so many things that can cause dropouts that's it's tough to start. I'm assuming this is a Windows PC that you also use daily? If so, I really can't ever recommend using your DJ machine as your daily computer in almost any circumstance.

If all of your latency settings are set correctly and this just randomly started becoming an issue, a reformat may be in order.