PA System HELP!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    Just looked up the specs of the sub, it doesn't have any crossover settings at all. This doesn't mean you can't use it daisy chained with the tops though, just means that the bass will also come through the tops as well as the sub. The tops have a bass vol control, I would probably turn it down until it sounded alright.

good point (on both counts). Check the mic/line button on the tops.

If the distortion was coming through on your headphones the it means that traktor was clipping. Was the bar at the top of traktor going red? Does the 4trak act as external mixer, or does it control traktor's internal mixer??

After looking at the specs for the 4trak, 2 of the channels are switchable to mic, so you should just be able to connect a mic directly to it rather than running through the kaoss pad.

If you need more than just a mic (other instruments ect) then you should just be able to run straight out of the mains on your 4trak into the yamaha mixer.
    Thanks again for the feedback. You have been very helpful.
    Indeed when the clipping began I did notice that the master volume indicator was staying in the red. The only problem was when I turned down the main volume on the 4trak the clipping seemed to be muffled but we also lost significant volume. As for the 4trak it does control Traktors internal mixer in my setup.
    Unfortunately the Mic I usually use requires phantom power which I do not believe the 4trak can provide, because I have tried to use the mic with my 4trak before, but my yamaha mixer does have so that is why I had to improvise with the kaoss pad.

The main volume on the 4trak is probably just controlling the controllers output, and not traktors main volume. Try turning traktors main volume down a bit (I usually have mine set at about -5db when I'm playing at full volume). It's the big knob in the center at the top of traktor.

Ahhh ok, no good in this case then. Still, you can run the out from the 4trak into your yamaha, plus anything else you need, and then just run out from the yamaha to your speakers.

Edit: The traktor main volume problem is probably the cause of all your distortions problems!
    Last edited by robdquick; 08-06-2013 at 06:37 AM.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Wizard

Well thank you again! You definitely seem to know your way around a mobile DJ setup so I will try and use these tips the next time we do a mock setup(Probably Wednesday) so I can try and narrow down the exact source of some of the issues I am experiencing.

No problem. When I started out i had to figure a lot of this stuff out by myself, so I don't mind helping other people!

If you have any more questions feel free to come back and post!!
    Last edited by robdquick; 08-06-2013 at 07:36 AM.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12